Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Fastest stock block duratec to date. 12.631

17K views 55 replies 17 participants last post by  Bwinkelsas 
#1 ·
Well bryan is a slacker so i decided to post his times.

He went to OSW about two weeks ago now with his new tire setup. 23x8.5x15 M&H slicks with matching skinnies on the rear. His setup consist of a Header, intake, exhaust, cossie intake mani, tune (which isnt finished) and a wet 75 shot. His interior of the car is gutted but he has ac, heat, ETC. His first pass he clicked off a 12.631 with a badass 60ft. Cant wait to see what he does with a finished tune and running at bradenton track instead of Orlando speed (spin) world. should go 12.5 or 12.4 i think.

Heres the break down of the slip

And here some track pics

See less See more
Reactions: Andrew
#2 ·
I pm'd him about his set up and he hasnt got back to me. :( That's the exact setup I want right down to the 75 shot and I want to pick his brain about it. So far I'm gutted, got the header, intake, and exhaust, and I just need the nos and tires.

I'm impressed and I'm sure so are a lot of other guys when he blows their doors off in a focus.

#3 ·
What do you need to know, post it in here ill help out pretty much know everything he has

#5 ·
Whats your suspension setup like? Do you have drag springs or anything? Did you upgrade to a 3inch cold air intake when you got the IM? What brand header, exhaust, and intake do you have? Whered you mount your nos bottle? What size bottle do you have and how often does it need to be filled?

Its a lot of questions and if you dont feel like answering them thats cool, I haven't had the chance to talk to someone who has experience with a setup like yours and not just an opinion.

Vids and pics would be awesome.

#6 ·
He has d2 coilovers all around, he has a 3in short ram with a 2.5pm maf insert, pretty sure it's a f2 header with a fswerks 2.5, n.o.s. Bottle is mounted behind his seat in the center, it's a 10lb bottle.

That should be all

#11 ·
Yes stock cams, stock untouched ports, stock gear set, with the stock open diff

What about the clutch and flywheel?
I put an exedy stage 2 clutch kit

Engine - cut f2 cold air made into a short ram with the stock maf sized housing, cfm throttle body, cosworth intake manifold, f2 header, fswerks 2 1/4" stealth muffler, toms' tune thats not completed, cfm pulleys and nitrous express kit on a 75 shot single fogger

Suspension - D2 coilovers, complete polybushing kit

Weight reduction and 23" M&H Slicks

Jim Beat me to it [giddy]

#10 ·
Pretty sure it's still stock I can't remember tho

#18 ·
Wait till it hits the next step of the little engine that could lol

#25 ·
weight can and will help a car preform better but even more important is the cars setup and a driver who has a good idea of what is going on and how they need to use that setup to get the best out of it.

#26 ·
Most dont understand that buddy. You cant learn how to drive behind a keyboard and looking at what other are doing :)

This post has been deleted
This post has been deleted
#27 ·
Before the red car was gone from this world, I took it to orlando spin world to make some 1/4 passes. I got stagged with a 1.8t bettle. I got it off the line, through the 60ft and across the line, but he was catching me. The way they scored the run, he won because he had a shorter ET than me by .1 sec. I was disappointed! But proud of my 117whp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#33 ·
Nice times BTY

#35 ·
so...this one time...at band camp....

but srsly, the other night I was driving along in a rural section of the Miami/broward county line and this Suburban/Tahoe suv pulls up next to me and signaling it wants to roll....meh, I slow down and he takes off and turns on his hazards. OK. Thats how you wanna roll, eh?

Next light. Let him start rolling and then I go. 3rd gear comes around and i have bus lengths on him. Hes all like "WOooOOooOO...what kinda turbo you have?! NO WAY! ALL motor?! HAS to have nitrous!" Newbs need to get learned some times.

#44 ·
Since bryan isnt posting ill tell you, It has 15x8 summit aluminum 5 star wheels with 23x8x15 Mickey Thompson slicks

#45 ·
i have not been on in a couple days, not long enough to check out any threads anyways, ill see what i can do about some more pictures, maybe make a thread in the showroom section

#46 ·
Would be appreciated!
I actually used your Car as an example:
I posted on Facebook about my n2o install on My atx daily driver zx3 and immediately had an EVO owner busting My balls about the Focus.
Saying NO Focus could actually hang with Him.
Your thread shut Him up pretty quick.
He is still not a Focus fan,but all the bad mouthing stopped.
Pics would be great-Thanks!
[thumb]

#47 ·
i love big headed people. wednesday night had a stockish wrx owner who said the focus would be a waste of his gas until someone he knew told him it would be the other way around. Nothing happened but i guess he got the point [neener]

#48 ·
during the summer i invited some fellow FF members to a mazda show here in WA. all i could hear from the fellow mazda people were them dogging on the focus.....seriously why is it such a hated car?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.