Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Bwinkelsas at bradenton dragstrip on SLICKS

8K views 29 replies 15 participants last post by  Roushturboedzx3 
#1 ·
Well guys Bryan and I have been kicking around the idea of him using my slicks at the track and we did it. He came down from Orlando today and we went to Bradenton motorsports park. We put on the slicks and got more then we hoped for. His basically stock duratec with a 75 shot went 13.22. we were super impressed

Breakdown of the slip

60ft -------------- 1.862
1/8 mile --------- 8.466
1/8 mile mph --- 83.14
1/4 mile -------- 13.228
1/4 mile mph -- 102.99

Heres the vid of the fastest pass

#2 ·
WOW! What a blast lol, I almost had too much fun, Big thanks to Jim, none of it would have happened without him! Going for 12's next, got two pieces in my closet that should get me there! [8D]

#10 ·
You can borrow them when its up and running

Pick a day jim and we shall return, hope ill have a set of my own 23"-ers by then lol
Come anytime you like, get the 23s and come down, also you can stay at my place so you dont have a 2hour drive back

#13 ·
Thanks!

Wow nice run. I'd be scared to break another diff lol
Thanks! im not scared to break my diff because that means it needs to be replaced, if it NEEDS to be replaced, ill just have a torsen sooner then expected lol... ill figure out home to get home after lmao [8]

#16 ·
Thanks, ill be out soon with smaller slicks and the new set up, looking for the magical number 12.xx lol

WoW ! That is very inpressive on a 75 shot. I bet that was a blast to run down the strip. Sounds like good times. [driving]
Oh man was it! it was my first time ever on slicks and since i bought a set of my own, too much fun.

#22 ·
soon enough ill be out and ready to go with my new setup. you'll have to be there, maybe i can take a stab at the z? lol

nice 60' time. do you know your current weight? sounds like you were flatshifting and had launch control, is this correct?
weight that night should have been right at 2500 with me in it. the launch control you heard was the mr2 next to me, you can hear me kick the revs up like right as im about to start letting out the clutch, i always take my foot off the gas when shifting.

#21 ·
The wheels were bassett ultra lites

nice 60' time. do you know your current weight? sounds like you were flatshifting and had launch control, is this correct?
this was on a stock tune so there was no launch control.

#30 ·
Slicks are actually better then drag radials, The sidewall of a slicks gives and wrinkle so it takes most of the shock and strain off the drivetrain. I daily drive on drag radials and would never attempt to launch hard on them cause it would brake an axle

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.