Focus Fanatics Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sad day for this bird....

22K views 216 replies 48 participants last post by  focusin 
#1 ·
And it's owner!

Took my car down to the local 1/8 mile (sunshine speedway) and a dude in a smokey and the bandit firebird kept hounding me to race him in his firebird after seeing me beat a couple differen't cars... He had his girlfriend and her gf with him so I guess he felt the need to try to show off how powerful his V8 firebird is...

That or I guess to try to compensate for something else! LOL!

Please excuse the language in the video... it was just funny beating this guy and getting it on film at the same time... He had been talking alot of smack all night so this was just a perfect way to end the night... He just couldn't believe he got beat by a focus and ended up leaving the track immediately after... I asked him if he wanted to watch the video and he said "F YOU!" LOL...

#5 ·
hah very nice. i saw a new viper srt10 on spray get beat by a boosted civic hatch at orlando speed world a while ago, same deal, the viper went from the booth right on to the exit lol.

#9 ·
I'm not going to lie man... his car didn't sound tired or falling apart... it was actually a VERY clean car and sounded well maintained...

I myself was impressed as I thought it would atleast be a much closer race... Glad I had my boy in the passenger seat filming it! [:)]

#13 ·
No I'm a guy.... LOL... But I was just referring to a good friend of mine who was filming... He was kinda the one egging me on to come out and race that night.... trying to get me in trouble and get me to race alot of differen't cars haha.... He would just run up to people.... "wanna race a focus?" LOL [hihi]

#24 ·
Well it sounded pretty good... Whatever it was...It was still a very clean example of a late 80's firebird. I will give him his respect on that...

nice kill. but "its just a focus" right? HA!

.....i wish i had a ST.
Dude he was super pissed... He asked me if I had anything done to my car before we raced and I said... "only an Intake" and he was like "Ok cool this should be easy!" haha....

Then after... he's all pissed off mad at the world like... "Were you being honest with me that it only has an Intake???" all raged and shat...

great video. Thanks for posting it up. Nice win too.

I thought maybe his gf was pushing the car. lol...
Thanks... She was riding with him down the track during the race too! You know she was in the passenger seat just sitting there like... you are no longer a man.... you are a vagina. [mecry]

Beautiful launch and shifting. That video is hilarious...
Thanks... Launching at 3k Rpms.

Ive been to a few dragstrips (never raced my car0 and everytime there is always a handfull of dbags. Thats why I like Autox... everyone is cool and doesnt have that type of attitude

Nice kill. That would have been an awesome feeling
It was fun... I tried to race some Vtec's that night but nobody wanted to run against a Focus... One guy did but turned Chicken S**T and backed out just as we were about to pull up to stage...LOL

haha, nice!!!! wish i would have gone out, the we could have raced!!!!! i think even i might have had a fair shot at beating him, judging by how far you beat him!!!!! or not..... but eh!!!!
You will definitely have to come out one of these nights!! we'll have to get a whole team of Focus's to come out and battle it out with some hondas!!

#22 ·
Ive been to a few dragstrips (never raced my car0 and everytime there is always a handfull of dbags. Thats why I like Autox... everyone is cool and doesnt have that type of attitude

Nice kill. That would have been an awesome feeling

#26 ·
LOL... I wouldn't ever want to picture myself as one...

And ya I wasn't really sure how bad I would beat him but I figured I would from the get go, having raced a 95-97 V8 Auto Firebird and one before as well... (buddy at work)

I'm going to try to get him to come out to the strip sometime so I can film that kill too... Closer race... but a good kill to have on Tape!

#31 ·
Wondering if he would of pulled on you on a full 1/4 drag strip. Those old v8s sound like they have alot of power, but they really don't. Around like 200hp or so and then you gotta add the weight onto that. And that auto trans was probably horrible for shifting and transferring the power.

Totally hilarious though, would of been even funnier if the girl got out of the car and wanted to ride home with you.

#32 ·
She was kinda eyeing me throughout the night as he just continued to ramble about how great his car was... Almost as if she was like "hey lets just sneak away while he's still rambling".... LOL

I doubt the 1/4 would have made much of a difference in the end result...

The guy recording the video kinda knows him so I'll try to find out which motor he had because I know there were a handful of differen't v8's available for that generation of Firebird.

#42 ·
All I have done to my car is a Steeda SRI

In 1989, that SOHC made about 150HP. It makes 200 in my car, still a dino.

Not taking away from your kill man, just hating on how GM has made garbage since the 80s. Your ST is pretty sweet, and rather quick for what it is. :)

Ya they were weak in hp but still 240 ft. lb's of torque which should make that car move a little bit faster than it did... after researching those cars quite a bit they definitely weren't rocket ships... And your not taking anything away from my kill at all... I didn't even want to race the guy!

I wanted to race a V-tak! LOL!

But he was so insistant and I'm sorry but when you have 2 girls with you and your bragging about your car and how great it is... and I'm only driving a Focus with just an intake... I can't refuse the oppurtunity!! [hihi]

Hell I almost felt bad accepting his offer knowing I was about to crush his ego in front of 2 cute girls..................................... in a focus lol

nothing will take away the picture in my mind of him doing this after the race... [?|][bigcry][scream][:(!][scratch][paranoid][mad]

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.