Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My first time at the track with the new nitrous kit

6K views 36 replies 11 participants last post by  ffwturbo 
#1 ·
So i got to the track... everything seemed fine... made my first pass, also first time trying to launch with the newly installed nitrous express nitrous kit, did not work to well. ended up with a 2.425 - 60' and a 14.84 @ 95.22 mph.

second run, much better launch 2.233 - 60' know for sure could have done a little better yet. kinda got nervous and got out of it thinking something happened when it stopped pulling as hard... come to find out that my dumb A** forgot to open the bottle so when what was in the line ran out, i was done. [slap]

waiting for the third run its starts POURING! and i had those two runs within 10 minutes of each other and could have had more then my share of runs but oh well...

in the end i feel i could have left the track with a 14.5 or so with some more runs trying get a feel of launching the car with the nitrous on a wide open throttle switch. I shall return to the track hopefully next wednesday with better weather.
(these times are with a 50 shot)

#9 ·
it was good to see you tonight ffwturbo!

in order to kinda make up for yesterdays wana be track day i went to another track in town only an 1/8 mile though. best time blew away that from yesterday

tonight 1/8--vs--last nights 1/4

60'-----2.261---------2.425
1/8-----9.276---------9.689
mph-----77.8----------76.9

1/4------xx.xx--------14.84
mph-----xx.xx--------95.22

so correct me if im wrong, if you look at the numbers with my best time tonight in the 1/8 if i would have had that run on the 1/4 i would have been around 14.4x @ 96.xx?????

is it just me or does that sound about right? i have the run on video ill probably put up on you tube when i find my card reader

#10 ·
yep, you would be around the 14.4/ 14.5 gotta look at the better 60ft that helped also. Another thing is you top end. Need to see if ther is improvement there also. But defenatly 14.4 run on a 1/4. It was nice to meet you out there also let see what bring us on wednsday night.

#12 ·
ill let you know about wednesday. i need to get my shifter issue figured out before i start beating on it again. nothing that i can see so far is out of the ordinary...

i bet you a torsen or quaiffe LSD would def make u run a tenth or 2 faster at least.
lsd plus a better clutch, it slips a good bit from 2nd to 3rd and 3rd to 4th

here is a short video of my best 1/8th mile run vs a red bentley lol recording started a little late though, by the way listen closely to what the guy on the pa system says lol. by the way i had a .561 r/t being a big part of why i started a decent amout behind, guess i was sleeping...

("and the focus is actually keeping up with him")

#13 ·
good times! I really wanna know what youd run with a good launch and the bottle on

makes me wanna drive the 2 hours to a track to see what minell do

#14 ·
i have my best 1/8th posted and was trying to see if it could be calculated to an estimated 1/4 and we was looking like a 14.4 @ 96 or so and go head out to the track its always a fun time!

THURSDAY WHEN I WENT TO THE NEWER SMALLER 1/8 MILE TRACK HERE SOME ONE WAS TAKING PICS OF MY CAR COME TO FIND OUT IT WAS A LOCAL NEWS PAPER GUY LOL IM ON WHOLE FRONT COVER OF THE LOCAL SATURDAY PAPER OR MY CAR ANYWAYS LOL

here is a link that you can see it online [headbang]

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/orl-legal-street-race-track-071809,0,1298209.story

#18 ·
dude thats kinda sad tho. some kid got killed in a street racing accident after leaving the track that night. good times tho! bump it up to a 75 shot and get a tune! or just get a tune and keep it on 50. either way you will improve your times tremendously. and what gearing does your car have? u have 4.06 final drive mod? looking at your mph in the 1/8th your car really digs hard in 3rd. i was running mph very close to that on a 65 shot.

#21 ·
yeah it is sad, kinda one of those things that happen with street racing though... as far as gearing its stock... im not even sure off hand what it is with a 07 2.0

That is an awesome pic ... so did you go to the "MARS" Event?

-Ray-
yes i was at the track the night they had the "mars" event aswell. its a pretty nice place they got going there.

#25 ·
^^^ Nice...lol Hey remember that all motor tuned Silver civic that was running mid 8's on slicks that one night? I ran against him my last night out there (Saturday). Finally my tires hooked real good and ran side by side with him throguh first and second. He only beat me by maybe a little more than a 1/2 a car. It sucks because I didnt pay the extra 5 bucks for slips on saturdays and dont know what I ran. I know I got a real good 60ft and 1/8 times. just wish I had paid the stupid 5 bucks...

#26 ·
haha wow thats bad ass. any chance of you trying some slicks sometime? lol. but yeah the silver 04ish si. that should have been a nice time slip [thumb]

#28 ·
Yep, everybody was comlplaining about it because there should be no different for the rest of the days that you dont have to pay extra. Saturday's for some reason you have to pay 5 bucks for slips must of us racing didnt pay. I wish I had paid to see just one slip..

#32 ·
my 60ft went from consistent 2.0-2.1 to 1.8 when i got my mickey thompsons. however the radials dont make much difference if you dont have LSD. ive seen alot of people with drag tires that cant hook up and cant figure out why and its because all that power is going to just 1 tire instead of both.

#33 ·
I know, I got these NEO GENs that are pretty good, but witht the open diff I still sucked. Now I got LSD installed and shaved about a .5 off my 60ft still spinning off the line. I hope that with the better tires I can get off the line much quicker, or like I said before, crack, snapple or pop... we will see.. lol

#34 ·
oh man... lol ill be sure to bring a video camera for that, should either be a pretty nice run or a broken something. either way always kinda fun to have on video...

#36 ·
im way in the danger zone as far as my 60ft times go. once you start getting lower than 1.9 60ft times you start breaking junk regularly. i havent broken anything really expensive yet but i know its coming. please be careful lol

#37 ·
lol... Ive been looking for an excuse to begin my build anyways...I just hope my tranny holds. I can replace drive shafts no problem, but I just got the tranny and LSD, so I dont tnink it will go before the driveshafts will..If anything I think my clutch my go Kaput before anything else it a CM STG 3 but its about 2 years old now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.