Focus Fanatics Forum banner

post your 1/4 mile time and your mods

6K views 44 replies 27 participants last post by  streetfocus 
#1 ·
I ran about a 20.0 on a very cool night, with zero mods, And I am hoping to proove to my friends that this car can be quiet faster with a few mods.

so please post your times.

Bad score on my part I know but am still interested in your guys times

#2 ·
16.4....mods listed below...that was without the MSD stuff in it...i just added that tonight

#11 ·
yea thats wat i figured...mid to high 16s sounds bout right, if ya flat shift throught all the gears without spinnin the tires. well i havnt ran mine yet. No mods...YET, lol. But if i run it stock i hope to run high 17s to low 18s cuz i just started learnin stick a month ago, so i am still fine tuning those skills [;)].

#13 ·
jerryzx3.....whats up with the roll cage and the meats in the back??...

#14 ·
16.9 with magnaflow 2.25" exhaust, drop in K&N, air box resonator removed, air deflector removed, FS/FCT Superchip, 5 speed. I just got my UDP and bosal 2.25" flex installed so i'm hoping to run a little better. I still haven't mastered the tree and i'm still spinnin the tires on take off... but i'm hope i get a 16.5 or better.

#15 ·
authenticustomz- I got the roll cage because my wife wanted me to have one if I was going to race, plus it looks cool I think. The tires in back are actually regular size, the front are drag radials so they make the back look way bigger.

#21 ·
16.89 stock- minus the brembos which do nothing- running it this friday night- its suppossed to be good race weather - i will have a race header, custom exhaust 2.5'' with no cat- APEXI SAFC ed.2 - short ram intake- new spark plugs- H&R springs- and i am thinking about takeN out the back seat and the spare tire just to see what happens- tell the time on friday night or sat morning

#23 ·
Yeah man 20s seems a bit high. I havnt done an actuall recorded one maybe i should but i found like a closed empty road thats 500m long (1/4 mile is 400) and i did that in what seemed like less than 20 sec. and i was goinng 120km/h i think but next time ill get someone to time me. but that seems like quite a long time to me.

Kev

#25 ·
hey focaltech- the SAFC will work with any car- the VAFC will only work with vtec cars adn the avcr will only work with turbo cars- the safc has been know to increase whp by 15-20% and wtq by 8-14% on almost any car the focus as well- i mean i aint try to argue with you here but from all i have heard about it it is totaly worth it- not just what i heard from when i asked an Apexi guy but from other guys at the track- adjusting my a/f ratio doesnt sound like a bad idea- but i could be wrong u guys tell me- but i got it for nothing pretty much cause of where i work and i am going to put it on and see what it can do (dyno run today with all my new stuff) if it isnt worth it then oh wel it sits there and looks pretty and if it does a good deal of work then i tell everyone to get one.[thumb]

#26 ·
I guess this may be somewhat off topic, but I figure a whole bunch of people would want to answer this. What seems to get the quickest 60 ft time...riding the clutch at 5 or 6 grand with minimum wheel spin, dropping the clutch at 3500??? What seems to work the best?? After 60 ft, the only thing that changes time is how quickly one shifts. I want quickness off the line.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.