Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Guess what I ran 1/4mile in on MS6?

5K views 27 replies 16 participants last post by  zlaja 
#1 ·
Well I took my dad's car to the track when I got back home the other day from college. Guess the 1/4mile and 0-60 time. THe car is stock except for a Mazda CAI and 93 Power Octane at one of the gas stations.

#2 ·
I really dont understand why they quote the MS6 right around 6 seconds. Half of you will probably call bull shit.

#8 ·
4.89 0-60
13.4x 1/4 mile

The 0-60 was recorded by Dashhawk, and dashhawk was only like .1 faster on 1/4 mile time so It is pretty accurate. When you launch that thing right it takes off like a son of a bitch. There was no hesitation just a little chirp of the tires and had an awsome shift into 2nd. Should have saw the Gt's face next to me :) I will record a dashhawk run on a closed road and see if I can upload it up to here. 4.89 is a .3 seconds faster then my previous fastest 0-60. That was the best launch of my life :)

Sid you were pretty close. There have been stock MS6 claiming to run 13.3's but they must be good as hell. Because I thought that was the best shifting and launch I have ever done. You know whats funny my dad can only get 5.9 0-60 :) I told him to hand the car over to a real driver :p

#9 ·
If you were at the track what did your TIME SLIP say your times were.... not a plug in device.

#10 ·
I know I was just showing how close the Dashhawk was to the actual time slip. It was less than .1. I didnt notice a 0-60 on the time slip, of course it was very faded.

* I just check I have a 60foot time but no 0-60. I was telling the Dashhawk time for 0-60 just because I was excited I got it that low.

#12 ·
Whats trap speed? Here Ill just copy all the times down. I wish I had a copier but you probably couldnt even see the damn numbers.

82mph
103mph

I want to know who the hell were driving the MS6 in the magazins that quote it at a 6 second 0-60? Honestly, I dont have to much experience with a stick.4.8 could be a fluke but I can usually get anwhere from 5.2-5.5.

I wonder what a focus could do with AWD. A focus with AWD will probably weigh what 3,000/put same engine as the Speed 3 and 6 and bam you have a low 13sec car for probably less than 25grand (guess ford thinks this wont sell?).

Orange have you been to track in your SVT or are you still having problems? BTW I love your car! Im still trying to figure out where the hell you live so I can give that car a real driver ;-P

#13 ·
Dashhawk gets confused by tire spin and some other variables. Basically it counts the revolutions of your wheels and calculates from there.

If I'm reading that right, and the 1/8th came in 8.7 @ 82mph, looking at 0-82 in 8.7 probably means the 0-60 was actually in the mid to high 5s, otherwise you'd have felt a huge flat spot in acceleration. Think about it, you go to 60 in 4.8~, then it takes almost 4 seconds to go from 60 to 82? I don't think so. That's if I'm reading your numbers right, who knows.

But yeah, 13.4 in the 1/4 is a great time, I'm sure it was a lot of fun.

#15 ·
i call bullshit

3600lb car 270'ish horsepower

stock is mid to low 14second car. a CAI isnt going to give you a half a second much less a full second off your 1/4 mile time.

post up a video, your timeslip, or ban.

#19 ·
There are plenty Stock i mean completly stock MS6 that can go faster then I posted. Just with a intake and exhaust the MS6 is over 300hp. I think it has about 15hp more than the MS6. The only reason the MS6 is quick is because of the awd drive system. Out outlaunched the shit out of the mustang like he wasnt even moving.

#20 ·
Arkaign I also had a bad shift into 3rd so that could have slowed me down to the 1/8. Guys I tried taking a picture of the slip and I was going to post it but you cant even read the damn numbers. And the MS6 is by far no mid 14's. Go read the boards they have guys doing mid to high 13's no problem in a stock MS6. I dont understand why tire spin would affect my 0-60. I sure as hell know I wasnt spinning at 60. Because the tires just chirped and I was off the line like a bat out of hell.

Stock 13.8 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3QGHqCMvo_0
Rear Engine Mount Otherwise stock 13.6: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n1wgdBR5eL0
BOV, Race Pipe, CAI 13.3: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8DCohC1s58

Still think im bullshitting. But then again not many people know they have AWD. But then again thats where they get all their weight from. The car doesnt feel heavy either, its not as agile as the focus though.

If you look at the last video you can see the difference a good driver makes. Thats what my launched look compared to the Stock Gt Mustang that was next to me.

I promise Im not bull shitting I have no reason to. Its not my car not like im making it faster than it is. I was just shocked at the time it posted by a relativly new driver. I will admit I probably cant recreate that launch I did it was just luck. Trust me I debadge the MazdaSpeed 6, so not many people know what you are driving across town. Lets just say its one of the funnest sleepers to be cruising around in. I love the looks of people in the passenger car when they hear the DV, I think its a DV. I tried getting my dad to put a BOV but he isnt to big into it.

Does anybody know how to properly launch AWD. I reved to 5k drop the clutch and as soon as I droped it I put the gas pedal to the ground. Then just shifted at 7k.

#21 ·
Arkaign I also had a bad shift into 3rd so that could have slowed me down to the 1/8. Guys I tried taking a picture of the slip and I was going to post it but you cant even read the damn numbers. And the MS6 is by far no mid 14's. Go read the boards they have guys doing mid to high 13's no problem in a stock MS6. I dont understand why tire spin would affect my 0-60. I sure as hell know I wasnt spinning at 60. Because the tires didnt even spin.
Dashhawk can't give you exact readings for a whole bunch of reasons.

Just google Dashhawk inaccuracy / etc, and you'll see what I'm talking about :

http://www.cherokeesrt8.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13069

Stuff like that. A bad shift and still a 13.4 in that? Insane lol.

#22 ·
It wasnt bad it was just an early shift. It wasnt to bad though. Just couldnt let me think i had a sub 5 0-60 run, *sniff*. I think the Speed 6 is the fastest car for the price. 23k=mid to high 13sec car.

#23 ·
Dashhawk is a great tool, and lots of fun, just take into account the polling data refresh, and the limitations of what it can tell you.

Launching AWD, it all depends on traction and torque curve. With little AWD buggers like the STI/EVO, you have to launch a shade higher so you don't bog off the line, a little wheel spin is fine. With heavier stuff like the Audis and MS6, you can tone it down a shade, as your torque hits lower. Either way, drag launching AWD = lots of strain on the drivetrain. The MS6 is built tons better than the GSX ever was, but beware too many drag launches, as something will inevitably break earlier than you'd like.

#25 ·
There are a couple reasons you might be faster than the mags tested. The first one is easy. The mags all test box stock cars and your is modded. They also test the cars on the street and the traction of a prepped track is nowhere near as slick as the street. I also know that in the case of Motortrend they will never rev the motor past redline in a test even if it would run faster. That is not going to be the case in the MS6 because they don't make that much power up in the high revs. Motortrend also will not powershift the test cars just speedshift. Anyway nice times! I wanted a MS6 but they cost too much, take supreme and don't get the mileage I wanted.

#26 ·
There is a direct correlation between 1/4 mile mph, vehicle weight and horsepower. Plugging in the numbers, assuming a driver weight of around 180, you must be putting down 315 hp at the crank. There are all sorts of online calculators to do the number crunching but realistically only a timeslip will tell the true numbers.

#27 ·
I posted the numbers....I dont think the car makes 315hp. It comes stock with 280 and I doubt a CAI raaises it by 35hp lol.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.