Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Drag strip videos!

9K views 47 replies 23 participants last post by  1sicfuc 
#1 · (Edited)
Just seeing if anyone has any videos from the drag strips? I wanna see what some Foci can do! Not to mention... I wanna see some foci making imports eat dust!!!! Focus--->[nutkick]<---Import

#16 ·
Here is one of me in my hatch about a year and a half ago. I didn't take the video so don't yell at me for not getting the times[:p]

I was running mid to high 14's that day trapping 95ish mph. This track is terrible for drag racing. You always have a headwind and it is slightly uphill. Plus as you can tell from the video, you really can't get traction. You hear me chirp off the line, let off, chirp again, shift into second and chirp some more. This is my Vortech Aftercooled ZX3.

I haven't run the Turbo ST yet.

#27 ·
sounds from that vid like you are dumping the clutch and doing it at too high a rpm. try dragging the clutch. i wish i would have seen this thread before! ive got my crappy cell phone video of me whooping up on a turbo coupe t-bird.

#29 ·
sounds from that vid like you are dumping the clutch and doing it at too high a rpm. try dragging the clutch. i wish i would have seen this thread before! ive got my crappy cell phone video of me whooping up on a turbo coupe t-bird.

This is what happend on an earlier pass. My car bogged out after the tire hooked very good, so I tried a higher RPM take off. You can hear the N2O kick in. Im on the far lane, dont know why the other guy didnt take off. Maybe got scared with the purge...lol

#28 ·
i know this doesnt belong in here but i had more fun last night than i have in years. i know its ******* as hell but lawnmower racing. i raced go karts on asphalt for years and i got stuck in a lawn mower to race last night to "cover" for a buddy of mine who "wasnt feeling well" (seemed fine to me lol). the only rules to this are that it has to start out being a lawn mower frame but can be modified and it has to run off a lawnmower motor and transmission which can obviously be heavily modified. i raced in the modified stock Vtwin class. im the red one up front lol.

i lead for the first 10 laps or so and the motor started to come apart so i drove off the track

these guys are just stupid fast. 8 second clip nuff said. open unlimited modified V twin. basically do whatever the Flack you want to make it go faster. black one sliding around the outside runs on alcohol and put down 152 on a mustang dyno supposedly. ill believe it.

just a bunch of idiots out there playing around practicing before it got dark and all the people showed up.

EDIT: whoops! i take that back! the last one was a preliminary qualifying race. i hadnt shown up yet. by the way if anyone has a problem with me posting these i completely understand. just let me know and ill gladly take them down with no muss and no fuss. i know they dont exactly belong but i figure some/most of us would enjoy this. and ive gotten kinda crazy about posting cell phone vids the last few days because i just got a little blue tooth adapter for my PC so i can transfer files between any phone and my laptop.

#31 ·
tc's are pretty quick modified. I too have spanked my share of tc's, and just dont even waste my time with them anymore. I had one that that reved to redline on a roll of the stop light dumped the clutch and he seemed to have lots of noise and no go... My son started to laugh very hard, so I puched the ol SVTF and passed him shifting to third..it was halarious..

#32 ·
i actually have a video a friend took of me racing a tc but i think it i posted it here i may get bashed by some people... it was a saturday night it you know what i mean, from quite awhile ago actually.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.