Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Bought a new HU & Ipod Interface

2K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  2005sangriaZX3 
#1 ·
So I bought a Pioneer DEH-P7700MP and the CD-IB100 interface after much research and deciding upon it or a similar Alpine - found the Pioneer at Best Buy on a crazy boxing day sale - reg 379.99 and down to 249! Bought it then went across the street to get the ipod interface as best buy was sold out...

Too bad I couldnt find the wiring harness adapter ANYWHERE in london :( now tomorrow morning is dedicated to finding the damn part somewhere in the area!

Anyone else install an Ipod interface in a 2005+ focus? just wondering where the best place to route the ipod connector would be... i dont want to use up a cupholder up :)

#2 ·
Nice deal you found there. I just had an Alpine headunit and interface installed, and they just stuck the unit behind the dash to the left. I can maybe get some pics for you tomorrow if you would like.http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?threadid=69633 As for the iPod they just ran the cord out of the dash, but tomorrow I'm going to drill a hole in the pocket of the mounting kit, and run the wire in there, plus it is a nice place to put the iPod.
Good Luck on finding the harness
[thumb]

#4 ·
I've got a 3rd gen 40gb ipod.... i was thinking more and I think i'm gonna wire it into the glovebox - dont have to worry about hiding it when I stop somewhere... i dont need to be able to see it / touch it when im using it, so why make it a potential loss it doesnt need to be.

i got one of the 'bestkit' / scosche dual-din install kits, but i dont like it.. i think im going to take it back and get a metra.

#5 ·
Okay, for anyone's future plans for an ipod interface with their deck...

DONT BUY THE PIONEER!!!

I spent about 2 hrs yesterday putting in the deck, nicely wiring the ipod adapter in so it was hidden and all pretty like, and taking photos so i could post up a how to. then i turned it all on and realized how absolutely crappy the pioneer interface is with its limitations.

-it only pulls the first 8 characters of the artist/track/playlist name/etc.
-its slow - scrolling through my artists list, starting at A, it took almost 60 seconds to get to the B's. theres about a 2sec delay between each scroll.

i took it all out (incredible how 2 hours of putting in, can come out in 5-10 minutes), took it back to bestbuy/futureshop, and went and got an alpine cda-9855 and their ipod interface from a local audio shop. spent a little more money, but im much happier with the deck alone - i dont have the ipod interface in yet, its coming into the store today. i love the user interface that the alpine has. so clean, and easy to access any of the functions you need to. it sounds a lot cleaner than the pioneer too, out of the box with no adjustments.

now i just need to upgrade the speakers and add a sub :)

#6 ·
spydee said:
Okay, for anyone's future plans for an ipod interface with their deck...

DONT BUY THE PIONEER!!!

I spent about 2 hrs yesterday putting in the deck, nicely wiring the ipod adapter in so it was hidden and all pretty like, and taking photos so i could post up a how to. then i turned it all on and realized how absolutely crappy the pioneer interface is with its limitations.

-it only pulls the first 8 characters of the artist/track/playlist name/etc.
-its slow - scrolling through my artists list, starting at A, it took almost 60 seconds to get to the B's. theres about a 2sec delay between each scroll.

i took it all out (incredible how 2 hours of putting in, can come out in 5-10 minutes), took it back to bestbuy/futureshop, and went and got an alpine cda-9855 and their ipod interface from a local audio shop. spent a little more money, but im much happier with the deck alone - i dont have the ipod interface in yet, its coming into the store today. i love the user interface that the alpine has. so clean, and easy to access any of the functions you need to. it sounds a lot cleaner than the pioneer too, out of the box with no adjustments.

now i just need to upgrade the speakers and add a sub :)
I'm running the same Alpine setup, and I am very happy with it. The Alpine interface has its limitations too, but its not that slow at scrolling through. Also when you are searching for a song it can only display the first 300 names I think, but If you have it on mix, it will show the songs name if it is in the last part of the alphabet. Congrats, and enjoy!

#8 ·
I am running the Alpine HU as well. I absolutely love it.

I ran my cable to the cd tray under the HU.

Great to play that thing up to the ski resorts, get changed and plug in the headphones and disconnect....never miss a beat. [thumb]

#9 ·
..:: sleestak ::.. said:
I am running the Alpine HU as well. I absolutely love it.

I ran my cable to the cd tray under the HU.

Great to play that thing up to the ski resorts, get changed and plug in the headphones and disconnect....never miss a beat. [thumb]
I did the exact same with my cable, I ran it into the pocket underneath the headunit, and the iPod fits perfectly in there, and its out of sight.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.