05-10-2013, 02:37 PM
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Toronto, Canada
What I Drive: 2012 Tuxedo Black Metallic Titanium
FF Reputation: 1
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0
Originally Posted by copernicium112
nseah - you have to have "Show Notifications" under your phone settings for Sync set to "On". If your pair your phone and don't set it to "On" initially I don't think you will see it if you go back and try later.
1) Delete your phone from the car. Delete Sync from your phone. Wait a minute to make sure everything clears.
2) Turn the phone off and on again. You don't need to reboot the phone but make sure it is physically off and then on (not just lock and unlock). Turn the car off and then on again.
3) Pair your phone fresh w/MFT. Let it do its thing (phonebook loading, voicemail #, 911 assist, etc.).
4) On your phone, turn BT off. Turn it on again.
5) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen to reconnect BT.
6) Go into the settings screen for Sync. You should now see "Show Notifications".
7) Set Notifications to "On".
8) Back up a screen on the phone and turn BT off again. Turn it back on.
9) Hit "connect" on the MFT screen again to reconnect to BT.
Have someone send a test message.
I can confirm that this works. Thanks so much for posting these steps.
I'm using an iPhone 5, latest iOS and latest MFT. It will not work however if you text yourself. But when I had a friend come outside and text me it did work. I didn't have to shut the engine on and off, just from ACC to Off worked for me. I also rebooted my phone.