Focus Fanatics Forum banner

iPod Question

2K views 17 replies 11 participants last post by  dan03833 
#1 ·
I have a 160 gig iPod Classic with about 8,250 songs on it. For the last couple of days when using it in my car, when I try using voice commands to request it play a playlist or specific artist, it tells me that it is indexing and to try again later.
Does anyone have an knowledge or information to share about this? Thanks for you help.

#2 ·
I have the same ipod with about ~6000 songs on it. When I had the fusion SEL with sync it did the same thing. You can try unplugging the ipod and reset the sync and then plug it back in after the reset. Sometimes it works.

I now have the same ipod plugged into my 12 focus with MFT and it works flawlessly, all ~6000 songs available.

#7 ·
I had this issue once before with my 80GB ipod classic but it only happened the first use after plugging it into the SYNC. I assume each time the USB device is switched it has to sync and index it to get all the music data and voice commands and after a minute or two its good to go.

Are you unplugging your ipod everytime you get out of the car?

#8 ·
One reason why I like to use my iPod instead of a flash drive is that I haven't figured out how to do playlist with a flash drive. My ipod has tons of playlists and I can use the sync commands to play whatever playlist I want.

It is possible to do playlists on a flash drive?

#9 ·
Playlists are possible. Copy the playlist file onto the flash drive and say "Play playlist: <name>".

Oh, and just as an aside, it always astounds me when people say they have XXXX number of songs...

I have just about every single song I've ever heard in my entire life on my computer and that's still just under 1000 songs.

#10 ·
Here's an update. I did the System Reset, which worked just fine. This meant I had to re-pair my cel to the system as well, which went fine, with one exception. Before I did this reset, my cel would connect automatically when I got in the car, now it's not doing that. I went thru the settings on both the phone & Synch with no luck. Any ideas?
Thanks

#12 ·
It works. I have the same situation as you (i have close to 15,000 songs though). Just leave it indexing for a while. I did a 1hour drive and left it indexing and by midway through it was done and all commands were working fine. It will stay "indexed" until you unplug the ipod.

#14 ·
mmmfloorpie: I'm with you although I do have 3000 songs I struggle to find others to add to that number. Once I cracked 3000 songs it's been months since I've added a significant number of songs.

#15 ·
i got an ipod classic and with my system which isnt mft its something different they put into sport models in aus and here in china, i have an ipod link on the screen...never works...going to my dealer to sort it

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.