Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Removed Sync unit now I need a pocket in its place

1K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  Kipp 
#1 ·
So I put in an aftermarket stereo and completely took out sync, including the actual unit itself on the dash. Needless to say I dont want to leave a hole in there, so does anyone know where I can buy a "pocket" to put in it's place? I googled loads and cannot find anything beyond stereo replacement kits. I could always stick the unit back in, but I wouyld rather have it for some storage.

#2 ·
the sync module is behind the pass vent panel with the "focus" impression on it. when you put that back on it will cover the hole left from removing the module so a pocket isn't really needed.

#3 ·
Kipp - I may end up doing that, but I really want to put a pocket in that place to give me a bit more easy access storage for things like my Ipod/Phone etc. I can't find a product on line, so I wondered if anyone else perhaps has, or found something that modifies easily. So far my only option seems to be using a generic pocket from an install kit and making brackets to screw into exsisting mounting holes for the Sync unit.

#5 ·
there is nothing made for it since it has a factory panel that covers it. you could have to cut an opening in the panel and fab a cubby in it if that's what you want. just to make sure we are talking about the same thing can you take a pic of what you're wanting to do?

#6 ·
It's the actual Sync unit in the Z"eyebrow" part of the dash right above the centre vents...I want to put a pocket in there instead of the sync unit since it no longer has any function.

I hope this link works as Im new to posting and it only seems to ask for a URL instead of a stored photo

#7 ·
ok. i get what you're saying now. all that is is the display for the sync and headunit. you can put a pocket in there, but it will be pretty small. there isn't much room behind it. there isn't anything made for it, but i'm sure you could come up with something if you're creative.

the actual sync module is located behind the silver panel to the right of the headunit.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.