Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Are these speaker's any good?

2K views 17 replies 9 participants last post by  freemind 
#1 ·
So I am new to car audio and want to know if these are good speaker's:
Pioneer TS-G6844R

If so, are they better the stock bass wise? I have the blaupunkt system so the bass is decent for a stock unit, but I want to add a little more bass if possible without a sub. Also do I need an additional wire harness to install these?

Thanks

#2 ·
In truth, just about anything is better than the stock speakers, but that being said, Pioneer is a wal-mart brand if you know what i mean. I highly recommend spending the extra bucks on some Polks or alpines, you wont regret it.

#5 ·
I'm running Pioneer TS-A874M's for all speakers (Pioneer headunit) and love them. They need to be on an amp and the base isn't amazing but it's much better than stock. The mid to treble is way better than stock.

#8 ·
I think I will try the pioneer's because of price. I'm probably just getting the rear's for now, possibly might get front's done later on. I'm not looking for makin my car rattle cuz obviously I would need a sub for that, but these should do me good for the time being. Also, do you guys think these would work to muffle sound and make the speakers sound better?

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_237XT68/XTC-6-x8-Speaker-Baffles.html?tp=2809

#12 ·
Focal and hertz abbr two of the best brands out right now for car Audio.
Coming in around 1200 dollars a pair. They require a sound processor to sound best. But for a good price I suggest American bass sq 6 1/2 s or soundstream. sorry but jl is over priced

#13 ·
Ok, so i decided instead of goin with speakers, i'm goin to get a single 10" sub. I'm keeping the factory Blaupunkt HU and I was wondering, would I still need a line out converter or does the factory hu come with amp preouts?

#14 ·
You will still need to get the convertor, if the car came with a factory amp. It will be harder to pull off

#15 ·
I don't believe my car has an amp because I don't have a factory sub. Also how many watts could the stock HU put out? I'm thinkin about gettin a 200w amp and 300w rms sub. Obviously nothing too crazy but just want a lil boom in my ride. Thanks for the advice.

#16 ·
From what ive seen, the stock HU puts out like 10-15 per speaker. for a total of 50-60w.

Adding a sub is definately a good way to get some more boom. I highly recommend getting a different headunit though, even a $120 kenwood or sony unit will get better sound than the blapunkt unit, and its easier to hook up a new amp/sub to a aftermarket headunit. Not to mention giving you aux inputs and other such fun things.

#17 ·
Ya thats definatly true. Im kinda pissed i only got a 200w amp tho since the sub is 300 rms. It was a package deal for a good price so i went for it. I guess i could always swap amps down the road. How hard is it to install a HU?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.