Focus Fanatics Forum banner

What size usb stick works best for MP3 music

4K views 10 replies 8 participants last post by  raptor1956 
#1 ·
Hello,
I am wondering what size usb flash drive works best for music? Also does the format matter? NTFS, fat 32 or fat? I have a 2012 Focus with the stock AM/FM/CD/MP3 Audio system.
Thanks
V/R
Ken

#6 ·
99.9 percent of the time I'd say the bigger the better.

With that being said, if you ever go to an aftermarket, I have seen, and heard through the grapevine, that some after market HU's that read music off a USB stick have size limitations OR a 'number of songs' limitation.

#7 ·
Thanks everyone! I have had a problem with sticks of 4GB, the songs start at beginning everytime I start the car! But I have it in shuffle now. Then it begins with the same song but shuffles with the next. I used a 1GB stick, and I had no problems. It still is alot of music. Just wondered if this is a common problem.

#9 ·
i have had 2 pioneer hu and i have used the same 4gb flash drive with them and it would shuffle a different song at start every time after it had gone through the whole list or if i pushed shuffle.
now im using a 8gb ipod i got for free and and the shuffle works just the same.

#10 ·
Packtack. Since I got my pioneer reinstalled last week I pulled out the owners manual and was going through the specs for USB. My HU specifically says to use FAT12 or 32, NOT NTFS. Of course my HU is 18 months old so you may find a different result. It appears to be HU specific on file formating.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.