Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Swapping Audiophile System

3K views 15 replies 4 participants last post by  Sully313 
#1 ·
Is it possible to swap an Audophile system into SVT 5dr not originally equipped with it?

I don't want an aftermarket system.

Currently the volume button in the car is acting funky so I'm looking for a stock replacement and I would like to upgrade to the audiophile system w/the sub. I was kind of bummed when I found out the car wasn't equipped with it when I looked at it but I bought it anyway. I would also like to keep the steering column controls.

Is it possible? What parts would I need besides the obvious radio and sub?

#2 ·
I believe the stock radio and audio pile have the same wire harness so all you need is the sub harness and you just have to run wires for the sub which is very easy if you have any audio sense at all just find a diagram floating around on here for the amp

#10 ·
I acquired a sub, amp and carpet but the sub has a 09 part number and the carpet has a 08 number. I'm assuming it won't work. I tried a test fit and I think there are subtle differences. The carpet looks like it wraps around the back side of the box too. Also the location of the plug for the amp is towards the back. but the amp could be mounted with the amp input towards the font..

Anyone have info/input on this?

#13 ·
08-11 were sedans not hatches, the carpet will be different, but may be cut to work. Turn the Amp arround. Install an Audiophile HU or aftermarket HU with sub out or use an LOC from the rear channel of the stock HU and your golden.

You may have to install the fuse to supply power to the amp. If your wired for the amp, the power supply box should be ready for the fuse.

#16 ·
Ok.. I picked up a Mach 500 Radio and plugged everything in and it works! I was afraid it wouldn't work since the connections on the Mach radio look massively different.

Next problem is that I don't have all the captured nuts for securing the box. and it also looks like some of the trim panels are different.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.