Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Radio lights?

1K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  02fordsvt 
#1 ·
Hope this is the correct section.

I have changed the HVAC lights and am getting the window switches, door locks, headlight switch etc.. colors switched and I have seen how to's on changing the color of the instrument cluster lights. Does anyone know if/how one would change the stock stereo lights? Once I get everything else changed I KNOW the radio lights being the only green will bug the crap out of me.

#2 ·
The face pulls off and you can see all (or at least most) of the green led. most of them led's are like the HVAC.

I didn't change any myself but I opened the radio up to see how bad it would be. IMO, you'd be much better off getting another headunit. You'll get the color you want as well as better sound and more features.

#3 ·
I really don't want an aftermarket HU, that'll be a last resort thing. I prefer the look of stock(I hate the look of adding those kits to make them fit). I'm thinkning about trying to find one a crap yard so if I mess up I don't destroy my only source of music. So if it's the same as the HVAC I can probably do it myself. Might need a new soldering iron though. hmmmmmmmmmmm.

#5 ·
You don't need any kit if you go with a double din unit but I see where you are coming from. The only parts I couldn't figure out how to change where the display area as well as the the light around the volume knob. Everything else look easy.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.