Focus Fanatics Forum banner

My intent for my Audio Competition Focus

4K views 14 replies 4 participants last post by  freemind 
#1 ·
hey everyone, Just wanted to let you know what I plan on doing . I am going to be building a pure SPL car , one that "burps" or uses a tone to put up a high spl number. I will be using sub(s) that are equal to the cone area of 1 18" sub . I will be posting everything I can about the road i will be traveling, to help others raise the bar for the focus community. I want you all to post ideas of things you would like to see me try/cover. I am willing to try different box designs to give results as long as it doesn't get repetitive

#3 ·
What sanctioning body?

Are you competing in dB drag, USACi, local SPL league, etc? Rules are all different. SPL=$, equipment, materials, batteries/capacitors, alternator(s), wiring, etc. etc.
Keep us informed, good luck.

#4 ·
I have a full sponsorship through Audio Technix, I used to Bass box but am Building for IASCA IDBL advance No wall .

Any Specific things anyone wants me to try and give feed back on ?

#6 ·
Thankyou sir, I am picking up a Termlab Decible meter at the end of this week , on a side note , I found that when the meter in on the "dash" that the visors at 90* is worth .2 db

#9 ·
Thanks , Thats 46 square feet of deadener there 1 layer ... I need more. I plan on experimenting with a Bass Reflex ,4th order, Series tuned 6th order, and a "ABC" Box . Going to go with what gives me the best results for this coming season

#12 ·
Well instead of starting a new thread, I decided to revive this one . I have actually decided to move up into a larger competition class .

I have a potential design for the wall Im building in my car for 4 15s

Subs will be 4 Audioque SDC2.5 15s on 4k rms

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.