Focus Fanatics Forum banner

When will Ford fix the Sync? Sync hates Android!

6K views 12 replies 7 participants last post by  Meathead 
#1 ·
My Focus fails to connect to my phone every couple of days. I have to disable, and reenable bluetooth to connect it again. Its very annoying. My wife has OnStar FMV in her Mazd5, and has no issues at all with her Andoid phone.

My phone is NOT on the list of compatible phones, so I know I am kinda out of luck, but there has got to be away to make the compatible list of phones MUCH larger, much faster.

#2 ·
What type of Android do you have? I have the Android Charge and it's completely reliable...well, it connects about 98% of the time, but that's technology in itself.

#3 ·
I have had 2 since I bought the car. First was a Samsung Intercept, and my current phone is a Motorola Triumph. When connected, they function just fine, but it happens just enough where I forget to look for the bluetooth symbol on the screen, and then I get a call, and have to dig the phone out of my pocket. Very annoying.

I have heard good things about iPhones and Windows phones working with Sync, I think Androis is a crap shoot.

#6 ·
Hey, Meathead -

Certain phones hold the best connection when they're Reverse Paired. Instead of the standard process of your phone finding SYNC, SYNC will find your phone. I recommend performing a Master Reset on the system and giving it a try.

MyFord:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/reverse-pair-phone-sync

MyFord Touch:

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/perform-master-reset-sync-myford-touch

http://support.ford.com/sync-technology/reverse-pair-phone-sync-myford-touch

Let me know if this helps or if you have any questions. :)

Jaclyn

#11 ·
I have had the problem but if I shut the car off and open the door it will then work great until a couple days later than it will do this again

Sent from my ADR6350 using FF Mobile 2
Hey, motodude696 -

You should try Reverse Pairing as well! (See the links above) [:)]

I have the Galaxy Nexus i9250 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 installed. No issues reported in terms of use, the occasional connection issue is seen, but quickly fixed by re-establishing the connection using MFT. What is listed in supported devices is the Galaxy Nexus SCHI515, IFK89B. Obviously I am using a phone that is not supported, but as I said before no issues using the phone through MFT.
Your issue may be two parts.
1. Are you using the Android OS that came with your phone or did you root it and installed your own? Installing your own OS does not provide the same usability as the stock version
2. Factory Reset - Resetting your phone to a factory reset fixes a lot of issues. I work for a company that provides an app for Android devices and when someone calls in with a weird issue on the app, a factory reset fixes the issue right away. (so far for this app in particular).
Bluetooth is also partly to blame for this as well. I support a bunch of mobile devices from Apple, Android and even Windows Mobile, the connection issue is seen through all devices, sometimes it connects right away, sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it just does not connect and you have to reestablish the connection.
Great questions and info, gsxrboy, thanks! [thumb]

On a side note, do you own a GSXR? Just wondering, I <3 to ride!

Jaclyn

#10 ·
I have the Galaxy Nexus i9250 with Jelly Bean 4.1.1 installed. No issues reported in terms of use, the occasional connection issue is seen, but quickly fixed by re-establishing the connection using MFT. What is listed in supported devices is the Galaxy Nexus SCHI515, IFK89B. Obviously I am using a phone that is not supported, but as I said before no issues using the phone through MFT.

Your issue may be two parts.
1. Are you using the Android OS that came with your phone or did you root it and installed your own? Installing your own OS does not provide the same usability as the stock version
2. Factory Reset - Resetting your phone to a factory reset fixes a lot of issues. I work for a company that provides an app for Android devices and when someone calls in with a weird issue on the app, a factory reset fixes the issue right away. (so far for this app in particular).

Bluetooth is also partly to blame for this as well. I support a bunch of mobile devices from Apple, Android and even Windows Mobile, the connection issue is seen through all devices, sometimes it connects right away, sometimes it takes a while and sometimes it just does not connect and you have to reestablish the connection.

#12 ·
Im using Android 2.2.2, which came with the phone. I do not alter my OS for stability reasons.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.