Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!

157K views 734 replies 111 participants last post by  oritpro 
#1 · (Edited)
SYNC MFT V3.2.2 Update Available on Focus!!!

I had nothing better to do this morning so I checked SMR. It's showing the update is available![headbang]

DA5T-14D544-AH Version Gen2 - V3.2.2

--------------Update 1---------------

The update took 37 minutes. Did a master reset and fuse pull prior to the install. Climate works fine. I'm having a rather odd issue - the system crashes every time I click "Rearview Camera Setting". A master reset and fuse pull didn't help. I'll just let the car sit overnight. If it doesn't fix itself, I'm taking it to the dealer [dunno]

--------------Update 2---------------

Took my car to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't re-flash the software after 6 tries. They were told by Ford that the update on SMR was corrupted. They finally fixed it by taking the MFT unit (APIM?) out and forced the update.

#115 ·
Alls I can say is, they take 1 step forward, and 5 steps back. [facepalm] You have computer nerds everywhere developing apps/websites/security/databases/encryptions/codes, etc and making $$bank$$, no probs there. But this seems to be the most challenging thing in the world, to get MFT to work correctly. Are they just stupid?

#116 ·
I did the update. My car is a May 2012 build. It said it was done and to hit "ok" which I did, but then it got hung up on step 4. I let it sit for a while with no progress, took out the USB and restarted the car. It seems to be working just fine. My climate control is there and functional.

#129 ·
So far, so good... (mostly)

Just installed on the way home from work this evening.

Dec 2011 build - v2.11 at factory, USB update to v3.02 in March, USB update to v3.2.2 today. I had FM Radio and Climate/Auto/AC on during installation. Did not do Master Reset before starting installation.

All climate controls on MFT are working.

Fixes/Good Things:
- Voice nametags fixed (previously, old Nav voice tags - e.g. 'Work' - would not enable after a Master Reset; system thought old tags existed even after all Favorites were wiped by the reset)
- Ability to use spaces in Nav Favorite names fixed (v3.02 broke this)
- Preset labels disappearing seems to be fixed
- Nav POIs when using voice to pull them up appears to be much faster
- Overall touch responsiveness seems a little bit faster
- BT paired but wasn't automatically highlighted in the Audio Source list (v3.02 bug)
- FF/Next Track functionality working again on iPod (stopped working about 2 months after v3.02 installed)

Prior Issues Not Fixed:
- Nav SD Card fault when playing my iPod (1st gen iPod Touch)
- Keyboard overlaps/hides list of choices when using voice commands in Nav POI search

New Issues:
- Nothing has reared its ugly head yet, but history would indicate I need to give it a few days...

#150 ·
Just installed on the way home from work this evening.

Dec 2011 build - v2.11 at factory, USB update to v3.02 in March, USB update to v3.2.2 today. I had FM Radio and Climate/Auto/AC on during installation. Did not do Master Reset before starting installation.

All climate controls on MFT are working.

Fixes/Good Things:
- Voice nametags fixed (previously, old Nav voice tags - e.g. 'Work' - would not enable after a Master Reset; system thought old tags existed even after all Favorites were wiped by the reset)
- Ability to use spaces in Nav Favorite names fixed (v3.02 broke this)
- Preset labels disappearing seems to be fixed
- Nav POIs when using voice to pull them up appears to be much faster
- Overall touch responsiveness seems a little bit faster
- BT paired but wasn't automatically highlighted in the Audio Source list (v3.02 bug)
- FF/Next Track functionality working again on iPod (stopped working about 2 months after v3.02 installed)

Prior Issues Not Fixed:
- Nav SD Card fault when playing my iPod (1st gen iPod Touch)
- Keyboard overlaps/hides list of choices when using voice commands in Nav POI search

New Issues:
- Nothing has reared its ugly head yet, but history would indicate I need to give it a few days...
TiPilot,

Can you access "Rearview Camera Setting" after the update? Mine crashes every time.

#135 ·
I just checked with SyncMyRide and they list me for the update. OK, so I download to a thumbdrive and then what? I have a 32GB thumbdrive with 16GB of music on it already -- can I just use that or does the drive have to be empty or newly formatted?

Once I have the download on the thumbdrive I presume I put it into the USB port then start the car -- is that all there is or do I have to answer some prompts?

Brian

#137 ·
It's probably best to do it on a clean drive so that it doesn't get confused, but yeah, you just plug it in and it should start. You'll have to hit Okay a couple times through the process (do not just start it and leave when it starts. After it loads package 3 or so it will prompt you to say OK. If you don't, it will just sit there.) If it doesn't automatically run you can do the Install Applications option from the Vehicle menu and it should run then. Don't have any other USB devices in when you do it.

#139 ·
Anyone have the link for the download? I have the Edge/Explorer version of 3.2.2 and I'm willing to try to install the "Focus" version if I can get a link. SMR shows I'm up to date since it's the same version number I'm guessing.

Doesn't sound like anything has changed but I'd like to give it a shot.

#140 ·
So far we are up to 12 pages of post and not one "chime in" from the Ford folks....

Not that it matters, but I sent an email to consumer reports product review department about this issue. They have been rather critical of MFT and it would be nice if they can get some answers. It has been at least two days now and so far no acknowledgement from Ford about this issue.

FYI my build date is 12/11

#143 ·
I was able to re-download this morning (in hopes of a slightly different version ... I couldn't tell a difference) without any trouble. Did you confirm the install?

#148 ·
Success.

Climate is fine, acknowledgement of update taken in SMR.

Build date April 2011.

Removed iPod and NAV SD card before updating. Left car running with climate on (72 degrees, AUTO, AC ON), audio off, starting on home page. Did not do a Master Reset beforehand. When completed, my NAV favs were still there, as were all my wallpapers. Had to re-pair the phone, but thats easy.

Temperature next to clock, everything is snappy... and maybe just maybe the outline of traffic conditions on the streets looks a little thicker...

#163 ·
My update went through just fine climate works great. I think im may of 2012. Every thing seems faster and phone calls and sync seems to work quicker
I just did the install (build date Dec 11) and while it was successful ... I'm having some of the climate issues. All the buttons technically work ... but they don't show (light up, change, etc...) on the MFT screen. Off won't switch to on. The fake led lights (except the Dual button) don't work... etc... And in the 4 quad panel, only the power button shows for climate.

Based on all the other toying around I did, everything else is fine. In fact, the system seems more responsive in general... I wonder what is causing the climate quad issues. [facepalm]

#152 ·
Mine worked great.. Did it on the way to work this morning. Rear view camera, Temp controls and everything else seems to work fine. I did leave my usb drive in after finishing and it ran steps 5 - 8 again twice before saying that it had been updated and I could remove the drive... Will keep an eye out for other issues...

#153 ·
Wow so now we have folks with Old Build dates and New build dates i.e. 2/12 and it's hit or miss on whether you get your climate controls back. Well I already know my luck. I'll leave it the way it is.

#154 ·
so far it looks like we have build dates all over the place that had a successful install. some mid '11 were fine while most late '11 had climate issue. early '12 had issues while mid '12 seemed fine. some with and with out nav successful... looks like we are all over the place here.

i have the update DLd on my flashdrive, but im afraid to do the update.

#155 ·
Wow so now we have folks with Old Build dates and New build dates i.e. 2/12 and it's hit or miss on whether you get your climate controls back. Well I already know my luck. I'll leave it the way it is.
I'm biding my time as well and am half expecting the update will be pulled again. Time will tell.

#157 ·
i thought i remembered seeing a 4/11 w nav that was fine also.
I am 7/12 and with the dates all over hte place im gonna hold out i think....
I was poking around on the SMR site and looking at codes for updates that have been downloaded... DFU...downloaded for uninstall, is it possible to uninstall an update you flashed?

#159 ·
That didn't work.

Gotta love Ford, glad I'm buying an ST soon. LOL

I don't want to hear any shit about my Love station on Sirius. It's mad good when I want to be depressed!

One thing I noticed is the screen looks a little different and it seems like 3D map is the only option on Navigation. It use to have 3; top down view, 3D, and then split screen with map on left and directions on right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.