Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SYNC Update Available on Focus!!!

157K views 734 replies 111 participants last post by  oritpro 
#1 · (Edited)
SYNC MFT V3.2.2 Update Available on Focus!!!

I had nothing better to do this morning so I checked SMR. It's showing the update is available![headbang]

DA5T-14D544-AH Version Gen2 - V3.2.2

--------------Update 1---------------

The update took 37 minutes. Did a master reset and fuse pull prior to the install. Climate works fine. I'm having a rather odd issue - the system crashes every time I click "Rearview Camera Setting". A master reset and fuse pull didn't help. I'll just let the car sit overnight. If it doesn't fix itself, I'm taking it to the dealer [dunno]

--------------Update 2---------------

Took my car to the dealership yesterday and they couldn't re-flash the software after 6 tries. They were told by Ford that the update on SMR was corrupted. They finally fixed it by taking the MFT unit (APIM?) out and forced the update.

#4 ·
I just did mine. It's version 3.2.2. It successfully installed, but the one issue I found is the climate control. The on-screen buttons will work the A/C, etc, but it doesn't show the temperature and it doesn't show the system is turned on. On the 4-squares it shows the "power button" even though it's on and running.

The outside temperature is showing next to the clock at the top now and the FM seems to keep the channel when I go from FM to Sirius and back to FM (it used to go to some random FM station before).

#5 ·
So... what's the consensus? Should I install this? Or wait half a year for the next update?

#7 ·
Newb question: how'd you install it?

Sent from my iPhone using FF Mobile
Usually it involves downloading it, then expanding it on an empty and cleanly formatted FAT32 Flash drive of sufficient size. Then you plug the usb stick into the car and it should run. Usually you need to be running the car for about an hour or until it finishes so that the battery minder doesn't cut in and turn the system off mid update.

#9 ·
No joy. I've still never been able to confirm the previous "upgrade" on syncmyride.com. Small wonder that the "upgrade" is such a dog's breakfast, given that they can't even manage to transfer an XML file through a browser.

#19 · (Edited)
Yes, the software engineer at your local dealer will diagnose the problem and create new firmware.

At least one high level person at Ford (the VP in charge of telematics) really needs to find another job.
The level of incompetency is astounding.

Alan Mulally, are you listening?

#11 ·
I'm thinking about doing the install simply because I never use the climate quadrant on the screen anyway. As long as the controls work, I'll be just fine.

#35 ·
Yeah I updated and I also see the climate temps on mine. So it seems for some people it is working but for the majority it is a failure. Let's face it, so far this is just another failure and another waste of our time. I am already seeing common issues still there. [:0]

#28 ·
Wonderfully stupid

Just updated mine. On screen climate control is not operating correctly as everyone else has posted. Text messaging is STILL not working correctly.

Another complete failure on the part of FORD'S MFT crew... Do they NOT test these updates before release ?[:(!]

#40 ·
I would say from begining the download to it saying "complete" was about 45 minutes.

Make sure you do it with the car running, it's a killer (time-wise) install. Reminded me of the "big one" from last spring.

Mine also does not show the temp settings (just lists "Off")

Joe

#36 ·
Just updated mine and no climate temps on mine. I also can not shut off the "Auto" feature as well. Before the update I could. On the climate screen, when I press any of the options it doesn't display if it's on or off like it did before, the little "on/off light" within the button doesn't change.

#42 · (Edited)
I've decided to sit out on this update until further improvements. It's (V3.0.2) currently glitchy, but stable and fully operational.

For my car/phone combination:
MFT V2 = unstable, functional (when working), outside temperature displayed on 8" screen
MFT V3.0.2 = Glitchy, fully functional, no outside temperature
MFT V3.2.2 = Glitchy, climate screen basically useless, outside temperature is back. (<-- I can only assume from your posts since I haven't done the update)

I think I can wait.

EDIT: I'm going to the dealership tomorrow, I'll be sure to tell them not to do this update on any Foci just yet.

#43 ·
Just did the update on mine. the temps correctly display in the climate quadrant, and it seems to function ok. the temp is also showing beside the time on the top of the screen.

only glitch is that I confirmed my update in SMR and it's still showing that I need an update even though the update is listed.

the main update page shows my current version as: Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2 but my updates history shows the install of 3.2.2.

#44 ·
Just did the update on mine. the temps correctly display in the climate quadrant, and it seems to function ok...
Weird. Maybe I'll re-download it (in case they updated it on the site? 0_o) and then try the Delayed Reboot app when I'm done just in case?

Once we get a few more guinea pigs, that is.

#48 ·
Just the 8" touchscreen, as far as I know.

I believe the thread title should say "MyFord Touch" and not "SYNC".

Someone must have written a bad line of code :)
I'm kind of wondering what hardware / software I'll need to buy if I decide to seriously consider rewriting the code for MFT. It's just that I'm sure everything is probably encrypted... such a pain. There's always rerouting everything and just having the screen hook up to my Android... but that would take years (for me personally) to research and develop. I feel like going through someone else's code and finding flaws might be shorter in the long run - but then again, maybe not considering how badly written this code apparently is.

#53 ·
I just flashed the update about an hour ago. I kept the climate control on the whole time during the update process (its cold here in Michigan!). It seems to be working very well on the MFT interface. I did notice that typing in something from the keyboard responds more. The lag is completely cut in half. A job well done so far. They just better be consistent on these updates.

Is anybody who already confirmed the update have any issues "confirming" it after plugging the flash drive on there PC. I get a "Your SYNC software update was not confirmed successfully" error. I tried switching ports and it still happening. Any thoughts on this. I remember somebody in here posting up a fix for it. I searched for a few minutes and I go zero luck. [facepalm]

#54 ·
i am wondering if the people who successfully installed the update without the climate problems have build dates after a certain date. Another thought... did everyone update from MFT G2 3.0.2 or did the people having problems update from an older release of MFT? there has to be some sort of connection between the two groups of people.

#57 ·
I was also wondering the same. I don't see any differences in file sizes from what I downloaded just now from the one I downloaded earlier this afternoon.

I remember when the V3.0.2 update came out, the dealer flash drive had one more file than the one that "leaked" on DropBox a few weeks earlier (I forget if it was different from the one sent in the mail...) Not that it matters, my dealer ended up re-flashing mine as a recall even though I told them I had already done the update myself.

EDIT: For what it's worth, I've updated 2.10->2.11->3.0.2(DropBox)->3.02(dealer) and soon to have this one.

Navigation input now way faster when typing addresses. It is worth it just for that. It drove me crazy with the previous version. You would have to type a letter and count to two before you tried to put the next letter in.
Sold. I'm installing it on my way home tonight.

#55 ·
I just updated. Screen now shows Climate as off, but can control settings on screen regardless.

Temp now next to clock. Nice.

Navigation input now way faster when typing addresses. It is worth it just for that. It drove me crazy with the previous version. You would have to type a letter and count to two before you tried to put the next letter in.

I got the confirmed install screen, but the update page shows there is an available update.

More info to follow after a day off use tomorrow...

George

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.