Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Yet another 2012 SE Sport audio upgrade

31K views 45 replies 16 participants last post by  Andy2002a 
#1 ·
Hi,

I'm doing a full upgrade to my 2012 SE Sport 5spd. I've never done an install before but figured with all of the good info on these forums I'd be able to handle it myself.

In order to help contribute to the scant knowledge base currently available on the '12, I'll try to make as many pictures as possible for all the noobs like myself who have never done any of this stuff. If I end up doing something that looks stupid, feel free to second-guess and/or ridicule me.

Gear:
  • Amp: Rockford Fosgate R600-5 5ch (50W @ 4ohms x4, 300W @ 2ohms x1)
  • Sub: Polk db1040DVC 10"
  • Sub enclosure: Atrend E10S (sealed)
  • LOC: AudioControl LC6i
  • Front speakers: Polk db5251 5.25" components
  • Rear speakers: Polk db651s 6.5" coaxials
  • Power wire: Rockford Fosgate RFK4 kit (4 AWG)

I'll update this thread as I get components installed. It's tough for me because I live in the city and don't have a garage, so I have the added challenge of trying to dodge passing traffic as I tear my panels off.

See less See more
#37 ·
This connects to the Amp and tells it when to turn on and off.

#42 ·
I just found this thread. Nice install. I've been contemplating very much the same thing.

One question, though. Do you have any details (and photos, hopefully) of where and how you installed your sub box? I've been looking for a good spot in the hatch area that doesn't take up too much cargo space and doesn't have to be removed to change the rear stop lamps.

Thanks much.

#43 ·
I'm pretty sure it's just freefloating. That's how I did mine. I used covered spade connectors on a piece of wire, so I can disconnect it as needed and throw it in the garage when I need the space. If you're trying to not take up space, your options are to either pull the spare and install there, try and custom build a side enclosure (like the stock sub), or just go modular and keep it small. An 8" sub would be pretty easy to do, and you can easily get them that need 1/3 ft^3. With some poly fill you could go even smaller, so we're talking a pretty small package when it's all said and done.

#44 ·
Hey OP and everyone else. I just needed slight clarification on tapping into the wire speakers. I have a RF X600.5 5 channel amp and LC2i. I wanted to know if the speaker level outputs from the LC2i are tapped into the same place as the speaker wires running from the amp. For example the left front negative on the wiring harness is the white wire. So do i tap the front left negative wire coming from the LC2i and the front left negative wire coming from the amp into the speaker harness white left front negative wire? Do i tap them in at the exact same position? or should i tap the LC2i slight above or below the tap for the speaker amp wire i.e tap in two different places on that same wire. Look at the two pictures below. Also since this is LC2i I know I will only be tapping into the front the speakers with it but I have the same 5 channel amp as OP so ill be tapping into all 8 wires for that correct?

Attachments

#45 ·
i need help with this... i have pulled the panel apart, and i dont know which cable to splice for the LEFT AND RIGHT AUDIO CAbLES.. what color? how bout my blue signal cable? do i even need it anymore since i am using the stock unit?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.