Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SYNC System Thread

331K views 525 replies 200 participants last post by  double b 
#1 ·
#343 ·
I can't get SYNC to recognize my HTC Amaze 4G as a BT audio player. I was trying to stream Pandora, and when I hit the speak button and said "BT audio" is said no devices found, even though I know my phone can stream music via BT. Anyone have any thoughts? When I looked in the SYNC menu, it has under my phone's profile: PBAP 3way call. Anyone know where I can find what this means?

#347 ·
Has anyone had their iphone get stuck indexing music? I have tried updating my sync, but it is up-to-date. I am currently running 'sync my itunes' on my music collection, but for some reason I cannot access my iphone through sync (via usb) since about 2 days ago.

Edit: I have read through about 15 pages of this thread with many suggestions... none of which worked :( I don't want to have to pull fuses, because in all honesty, that shouldn't be needed. My question... is this something that would be covered under warrantee? Because honestly, I have less than 16,000 km on my ride, it isn't even 9 months old, and not being able to listen to my music is killing me. I loved SYNC while it worked, but not so much now :(

#349 ·
Just took the plunge, plugged in a 64GB USB drive into my 'puter and told media center to Sync it, went to bed. This morning I plugged it into the car and in all of less than 1 minute it had completed the two steps, they went by so fast that I'm not even sure of what they were called but it did say that I have something over 2200 songs. Wonder of wonders it seems to be working and all my files are WMA Looseless - I did not even expect it to work but I seem to have everything, song, titles, artists, cover art.

The only thing I can't seem to find is the playlists, are they listed under some menu item? Next on the agenda, getting the voice command structure down so that I can ask for something and get what I ask for.

#350 ·
Does anyone know what the "Occupancy Mode" settings do? It's under "Audio Settings". There are two settings: "Optimize All" and "Optimize Driver". Does anyone know what they do? I was hoping it'd just be a phase adjustment, but it seems like it does EQ stuff, too (ie, "Optimize Passenger" is boomier while "Optimize Driver" is tinnier).

P.S. I hope this is the right thread; I didn't want to make a new one.

#352 ·
Do we have that setting in the Focus? Was it added with v3.5.1?

Asking because I don't recall ever seeing those options before - I'll have to look later...

#356 ·
My iPod died so I converted all of my music (except for the copy protected stuff I downloaded from iTunes) to MP3 so I could put them on a flash drive. I plugged it into the usb port in my Focus. I hit the button and told it to play a certain artist but it said that it was still indexing. Now it will only play songs from like 5 different artists even though I have many more on the flash drive. When I tell it to play one of the other artists on the drive it just asks me if I meant one of the 5 artists. For example on the way home from work tonight I told it to play Green Day and it asked me if I meant Weezer.[scratch] Anyone have any ideas as to what might be going on?

Thanks

#359 ·
Sync should have a massive recall. 100% the most inconsistent "technology" ever released to the public. Microsoft and Ford do little to improve the system and when one has a problem they either tell one tough shnikes or try to charge a service fee for a Master reset.
I can't wait until my lease is up to get out of the pos.

#360 ·
I'm not sure what version software I have, but mine is the MFT Sony 10 spkr upgrade. And mine has been pretty awesome so far. Yeah it has a few quirks like every so often when I start the car the clock has entered a totally different time zone. Or the preset buttons are blank (they work, but you gotta guess which ones which). My only real complaint is that the 750gb harddrive I added with all my songs on it only shows the song title, and album cover if it's recorded in WAV. If I use media player lossless, then all the info is visible. But to your point about a recall, I received a letter from Ford letting me know they extended the warranty to 100k miles on my system, and if it starts acting up between now & then, they will replace it. [^]
I am afraid to apply the latest version/update to it since I am mostly happy with it. Maybe somebody here could tell me if the latest is worth it? [;)]

#363 ·
non, I do not have have the MTF. Thank god, I'd most likely take a bat to the console. I don't know how Ford gets away with BS MPG estimates then the lack of system with Sync. Seems very broken. But 5/10 cars that work is great quality control and = the worlds number one selling car? sad.

#364 ·
Not to go off-topic, but my MPG meets or exceeds the specs.

I don't have a lead foot, but I also don't granny the thing around town, either.

#365 ·
I have a 2008 Ford Focus. I've never updated the SYNC software since I bought the vehicle in 2009 and decided to download the latest version/update to a thumb drive and install the update in my car. While the update was going through the 'Rebooting...' phase, I inadvertently turned the vehicle off. Just a force of habit, I guess, but now my car doesn't recognize SYNC at all. When I try to use my voice activation button nothing happens. When I press the media button and it selects each audio option (AM, FM1, FM2, SAT1, SAT2, SAT3, CD) it skips SYNC Line In. I believe the software is completely uninstalled. I unplugged the fuse power fuse underneath the hood release button in my car, but that didn't reset anything.

Any thoughts? Suggestions?

#366 ·
Rumps,

The SYNC software you downloaded to your flash drive is an Autosintall.lst file. Even though you interrupted it during programming, you should be able to re-insert the flash drive to resume the programming.

There are multiple rebooting stages depending on what software you are loading. So as long is it wasn't the last one you should be able to resume.

#367 ·
Sync keeps dropping phone

Sync in My wives 2013 Focus SE keeps dropping the cell phone.The problem started three weeks after we bought the car. I have tried 3 time to re-pair the phone and Sync, it works for about 24 hours then it stops recognizing the phone again. I updated the software on her phone last night, that may fix the problem, if not back to the dealer it goes and see if the can resolve the problem.

#368 ·
Sync in My wives 2013 Focus SE keeps dropping the cell phone.The problem started three weeks after we bought the car. I have tried 3 time to re-pair the phone and Sync, it works for about 24 hours then it stops recognizing the phone again. I updated the software on her phone last night, that may fix the problem, if not back to the dealer it goes and see if the can resolve the problem.
Did you get this resolved, Grahamski? If not, shoot me a private message with your VIN, the details, and make/model of her cell phone.

Rebecca

#370 ·
Sync update ever coming?

Greetings!

Got the 2012 Focus SE, and when I first used SYNC, I was happy, all worked great with my Windows Phone 7. Hands free was flawless and I was even able to have it read me my text messages. I got a new Windows Phone 8 and I have found that the Bluetooth is a higher version than the car and now the text does not read my messages and the Hands free sometimes gives me the In Privacy message. I tried to update Sync, but I seem to have Gen1 - V3.1.1.C, which is the latest according to the download page. I have read that an update would be coming which would address this. Is there any news on that? I consider it a safety issue as I occasionally have to pull over or find a parking lot to go call someone back or unlock my phone to make a call.

Thanks!

#374 ·
Hi, Morbeas,

Your local Customer Relationship Center would be the best people to ask. Here's their phone number: +90 216 444 36 73.

Rebecca

#378 ·
You're welcome. I cannot speculate on if it will be or we are planning to make them available for exported vehicles.

Hello,

I have a new 2013 Focus HB SE. I want to know if this is expected behavior.

1) the AUX in quality is terrible. CDs are much better sounding. The Aux in gain is noticeably quitter with less dynamic range.

2) I cannot charge my phone from the built-in USB port.

3)I cannot play media from the USB port, including audio on a usb drive, or a apple iPod mini connected via usb.

4) Bluetooth can never find any mobile applications running on my device, even when I have pandora. or spottily running. However it works fine for calls.

Please let me know about these issues, want some information before I go into dealership.

Thank you.
If nothing is charging or playing while connected to the USB drive, you should definitely visit your dealership, applefanman.

Rebecca

#376 ·
Hello,

I have a new 2013 Focus HB SE. I want to know if this is expected behavior.

1) the AUX in quality is terrible. CDs are much better sounding. The Aux in gain is noticeably quitter with less dynamic range.

2) I cannot charge my phone from the built-in USB port.

3)I cannot play media from the USB port, including audio on a usb drive, or a apple iPod mini connected via usb.

4) Bluetooth can never find any mobile applications running on my device, even when I have pandora. or spottily running. However it works fine for calls.

Please let me know about these issues, want some information before I go into dealership.

Thank you.

#379 ·
Hi. For me, #3, make sure you turn off automatically download phonebook in the MFT settings and, #4, make sure you enable 'USB Mass Storage' on your phone. Both these solutions worked for me for these problems. Cheers!

Hello,

Thank you.

#381 ·
Most recently my sync won't use voice commands with iPods or iPhones. They used to work from day 1. Even did a master reset. At first I thought my iPod had too much music but I plugged my iPhone in and it tells me it can't use voice commands either. Kinda stumped

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.