Focus Fanatics Forum banner

SYNC System Thread

331K views 525 replies 200 participants last post by  double b 
#1 ·
#227 ·
Sorry. What I meant by that is that the iPhone 5 is not even out yet so who knows? I preordered one this morning. When I get it I will be more than happy to report back on the good/bad/ugly for that specific model but until one of us gets one, who knows? Hopefully with iOS 6 supporting MAP it will be better than it is now but that is a function of the OS, which will be able to be installed on previous iterations of the iPhone, and not the iPhone 5 specifically. Until one of us gets our hands on one, we are all in the dark as to how it is going to work (I guess assumptions can be made but assuming is always a bad idea).

#230 · (Edited)
Sync Gen 1 V 3.1.4.C on 2012 SE HB

Does anyone know if this is the most current version and does it support AppsLink? I am using a Blackberry Curve 3G from Sprint. I have the update on an SD card and want to update if need be. Thanks in advance.

#231 ·
HAHA My apologies there Copernicium! I have an iPhone 5 on the way on the 21st. Had a 3g for the last couple of years and I like it.. Had TONS of problems with the 1st Motorola Android phone so it sort of ruined my desire to get another one.. It was the quirkiest damn device in the world.. But.. you never know how things improve.. The 1st Droid was a long time ago now.. ANYWAY.. decided to stick with Apple..Loved the phone so I'm sure I'll love the new one.. :)

#239 ·
I have an iPhone 5 on the way on the 21st. Had a 3g for the last couple of years and I like itANYWAY.. decided to stick with Apple..Loved the phone so I'm sure I'll love the new one.. :)
Nice. Not sure if I got my order on in time to make the first day of deliveries or not. If you are one of the first to get one and try it out, I hope you will take a few minutes to post and let everyone know how it is working. My iPhone 4 didn't really give me any hassle with my system so I'd like to think it makes sense that the 5 won't either but like I said earlier, I never assume anything, especially when it comes to Sync and/or MFT.

#234 ·
SYNC Update posted and taken down

See the chat below, blatantly lied to by SYNC representative on chat. Supposedly explorer owners have been able to get a new update that restores the temperature display via syncmyride.com. I didn't see one so I started a chat with the rep:

All SYNC Agents are currently assisting others. Thanks for your patience. An operator will be with you shortly.

Thank you for contacting the Ford & Lincoln-Mercury SYNC Support Center.

You are now chatting with 'Tamika'

How may I assist you?

you: Yes it seems that syncmyride.com does not know I've installed the latest update.

you: I try to use the status checker tool but it is not working

you: I've tried with multiple flash drives

you: and apparently there is a new update in the last couple days that I'm unable to see because it doesn't know I'm currently up to date on updates

Tamika: Hello, I apologize for your inconvenience. May I please have your VIN?

you: 1FAHP3N22CL288770

Tamika: Thank you.

you: sure current in-vehicle version is 4.26.12023

Tamika: The current version of SYNC for your vehicle is Gen2 - V3.0.2 and that is the latest. There are no updates available for your vehicle at this time.

you: I believe there is an update for myford touch that came out in the last couple days

you: brings back the temperature at the top

you: among other thigns

you: things*

Tamika: There is a My FORD Touch Update, however you will need to contact the dealer for installation.

you: ?

you: Others have reported being able to download over syncmyride

you: and i thought you said i had the latest?

Tamika: The update has been removed from the website. If you would like the update please contact your local dealer.

you: oh so you were lying to me

you: fantastic

Tamika: The latest according to the website. I am not sure if the dealer has the update as it is not being reported that it is.

you: ????

you: can i get the straight and narrow please

you: I'm already quite frustrated that we don't have AppLink yet

Tamika: Please contact your dealer if you would like to have the newest My FORD Touch Update.

you: with multiple promises from people including the Sync product manager

Tamika: I apologize for your frustration.

you: Why do i need to contact the dealership. Others were able to download it from syncmyride.com

Tamika: It was removed from the website for technical concerns.

you: ?

Tamika: Is there anything else I can assist you with today?

you: Umm yeah, why did you lie to me?

you: I will post this chat on as many forums as I can

you: promise

you: so?

Tamika: I apologize for your frustration, however according to the website your vehicle was up to date.

Tamika: Thank you for chatting with the SYNC Support Center.

Please let us know how we did today by clicking on the word "Close" in the chat window and filling out our exit survey. If you have not already done so, please create your SyncMyRide account to personalize your experience.

Chat session has been terminated by the site operator.

#237 ·
See the chat below, blatantly lied to by SYNC representative on chat. Supposedly explorer owners have been able to get a new update that restores the temperature display via syncmyride.com. I didn't see one so I started a chat with the rep:....
Gee glad to see you take out your anger on a rep who probably has little more responsibility than just that... online chat sessions... maybe a call center rep. I hope you're proud of yourself. Your behavior is childish and akin to blaming the kid ushering at a movie theatre for an issue in projection, an area he clearly is not responsible for. Maybe next time act like an adult, CALL Ford customer service and TALK TO SOMEONE MORE IMPORTANT THAN A CHAT REP.

Seriously... some people.

Reactions: VectorZ
#243 ·
I'm new here, only been driving my '12 Ti for 3 weeks. I have some weird issues with MFT but not what most are having. I get the occasional button labels are blank and screen lighting up slowly. Not sure which version I have. I'm an IT guy and all the problems I read here make me think of a line one of my clients said to me a while back. "If this thing were a hooker, she'd be dead by now."

#244 ·
when was the latest update released? Sync,tried is showing a confirmed install / uninstall on 8/7 for me, my car hasn't been in for any work in a few months and I did not install it, that site seems to be very confusing and the version numbers are terrible. Long question short, has there been a maintenance update since I took deliver on 4/1?

Thanks

#245 ·
Using an external USB hard drive

Just wanted to share my experience. I've had my 2012 Focus for about 1 month. Speech commands worked fine for like the first two weeks. Then, after one of my many trips with the HD back into the house to load more music, I just got the "speech control not available with this device" message. I'm using a bus-powered USB 3.0 1TB Seagate GoAgent Flex 2.5" external hard drive, formatted FAT32.

Within that last two weeks, speech commands have worked exactly one time. I decided, today, to call Sync support, and the lady told me that there is a limit of 20,000 characters for music speech commands - an absolutely ridiculous limitation, IMO. This includes the artist, track, album and genre of all tracks (all the searchable fields), combined. I somewhat verified that today by maxing out a 4GB USB stick (probably less than 500 songs) and trying it instead of the hard drive - speech commands worked almost immediately.

I still love the car, but it looks like I'm gonna be figuring out something else for music.

#246 ·
sad panda

It's mind-boggling that a car stereo made in 2012 can't even provide some of the basic features that a basic mp3 player like Winamp could handle back in 1998. [80?] (No gap-less playback?! Songs ordered by title by default?!)

This is the last car I'll own that doesn't have a standard or double DIN so I can just put my own stereo in. My 2 year old $50 Android phone has more features. Frustrating. [:(]

#247 ·
Samsung Galaxy SIII phonebook download issues

Hi all,

Car model and options: 2012 Focus SE Sport HB with 203A package (includes SYNC with MyFord, NOT the MFT).

I got the Samsung Galaxy SIII recently as a replacement for the iPhone 3GS. My new phone connects on bluetooth without any problems, and I don't have any issues making/receiving calls for the most part. However, I cannot get the phonebook to download anymore. I go to the proper place, push all the right buttons, and it even says it's downloading the phonebook, but then when it's done, there are no entries. It's mystifying, and I'd appreciate any tips on doing this right.

Another minor issue is the ringer is completely different now (not something I like). Is there any way to make it sound like the phone? The options in the car are all unattractive. Is this something that's dictated by the phone? The default ringer on the phone sounds nothing like the car...

Thanks for the help.

Cheers

#249 ·
Hi all,

Car model and options: 2012 Focus SE Sport HB with 203A package (includes SYNC with MyFord, NOT the MFT).

I got the Samsung Galaxy SIII recently as a replacement for the iPhone 3GS. My new phone connects on bluetooth without any problems, and I don't have any issues making/receiving calls for the most part. However, I cannot get the phonebook to download anymore. I go to the proper place, push all the right buttons, and it even says it's downloading the phonebook, but then when it's done, there are no entries. It's mystifying, and I'd appreciate any tips on doing this right.

Another minor issue is the ringer is completely different now (not something I like). Is there any way to make it sound like the phone? The options in the car are all unattractive. Is this something that's dictated by the phone? The default ringer on the phone sounds nothing like the car...

Thanks for the help.

Cheers
My Galaxy S3(AT&T version, i747) had no problem with it. Have you fully deleted all devices from the car and then started again?

#251 ·
"You cannot control the Am/FM or Sirus using voice commands."

Any word if Ford will add these features to newer releases of Sync with My Ford for the '12 Focus? Sure would make changing stations easy, especially with Sirius.

Also, I would love to see the ability to respond to text messages via a voice-to-text feature, or at minimum allow the driver to key in a stored response to use for replying to text messages while driving, e.g. "I'm driving and can't reply. Please call instead." This would be really handy and could use a simple voice command of "reply message". Just a thought.

#252 ·
ok this is just stupid there is no update available for me to download I did the sync status checker have confirmed updates showing this:

Sync VersionGen2 - V3.0.2
Confirmed installations
DA5T-14D546-AC
DA5T-14F496-AC
BT4T-14F497-AP

WHY is V3.1.1 (or V3.2.2) not available for me to download?

2012 TI and extremely frustrated I live in Canada are we just getting the shaft here? Not that I would be surprised not having Sync services here is just about the stupidest thing ever when they advertise it on commercials. BTW 4 computers, 3 browsers, and 3 operating systems later I found a computer that works with sync status checker utility. HOLY $%#@ [?|]

in all honesty what are you dong FORD? YOU NEED TO FOCUS [rant]

#253 ·
They pulled the update period because it was bricking the interface between the climate control module's can bus and the MFT system as well as it not fixing most of the bugs and issues people had with it. Its not just Canada that's not supposed to install the update at the moment.

#254 ·
Hey folks, I'm going to be in the market very very soon for a new car, my current Accord is beginning to show wear and tear. I drove a new Focus Titanium sedan today, it was a great lil car. I'd be going for the Titanium Hatchback with a 5spd if I get one. I have one question though. I was able to sync my and listen to Pandora, but I was not able to get the pandora screen to come up on the display screen in the car I drove. Is there anyway I can have the screen com up?

I drove a new Accord today as well, and while the HondaLink screen looks far less futuristic and cool than the MyFord Touch interface, HondaLink was a LOT easier to use and the Pandora was easy to get too.

Is Pandora Internet radio an option on the Focus? I'm kinda clueless to this. I have an Android, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!

#256 ·
I have one question though. I was able to sync my and listen to Pandora, but I was not able to get the pandora screen to come up on the display screen in the car I drove. Is there anyway I can have the screen com up?

Is Pandora Internet radio an option on the Focus? I'm kinda clueless to this. I have an Android, if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
No, the Focus currently does not have Applink. That is what would be required to get Pandora on the screen. You can launch Pandora from your phone and stream it BT through MFT and it will play fine but all you will see is the track name/artist name and you will be able to skip tracks with the steering wheel button but that is all of the functionality you will get with MFT in its current form.

#255 ·
SYNC Status Checker?

I downloaded the SYNC Status Checker onto a USB drive, inserted it into my USB port in my Focus (I have MFT), and went to confirm this on syncmyride.com and nothing happened. I received the msg, 'No USB drive with a SYNC log file detected.'

The instructions said that the softward would automatically copy onto the USB but there appears to be something wrong? Has anyone else had this? Suggestions?

Thanks.

#257 ·
I downloaded the SYNC Status Checker onto a USB drive, inserted it into my USB port in my Focus (I have MFT), and went to confirm this on syncmyride.com and nothing happened. I received the msg, 'No USB drive with a SYNC log file detected.'

The instructions said that the softward would automatically copy onto the USB but there appears to be something wrong? Has anyone else had this? Suggestions?

Thanks.
I've read other have had problems with this. What are you trying to accomplish?

#258 ·
When I got in my car yesterday and started it up I noticed the Sirius favorite buttons were blank. Several stops and restarts later the problem still exists. I started flipping through the favorites to see if they would reappear. When I clicked on Sirius 1 and switched to Sirius 2, they came back. I cycled through to Sirius1 again and all labels were back.

Thats all. Just thought I would add this to the list of Sync issues.

#259 ·
Yep, that is a common one. MFT update 3.2.2 supposedly fixed the issue but I have not messed around with Sirius enough since I installed it to see if it really did or not. Some over at SMR are reporting that it did not though. What version of MFT are you on?

#262 ·
I had all kinds of problems today. Twice I got the performing system maintenance message. It seems now that most times I start the car it boots to an audio source of its choice regardless of the source when I last stopped. Sluggish response while trying to change the source to Sirius. Satnav went on hiatus in the middle of setting a destination.

#263 ·
It seems now that most times I start the car it boots to an audio source of its choice regardless of the source when I last stopped.
What's up with that? It happens to me all the time, usually when listening to USB it will switch to AUX, and CD's sometimes switch to FM. Makes no sense at all. And it doesn't always switch either, which makes it weird. [dunno]

#264 ·
It tends to change to FM foreign language stations. I end up having to explain to people that I do not listen to the radio station that came on ... the car just does it. They usually just look at me funny and say ... um ... yeah right.

I got the iPhone 5 yesterday. It kept failing every time I would ask it to play an artist or album. This morning I started the car and I got a blank screen and then it did the Microsoft reboot screen and now all is well.

#268 ·
is Sync VersionGen1 - V4.1.2.F the latest version of Sync available? I got a '13 SE and the manufacturer date was 8/9/12. Also when I first got the car it understood every name in my phone book when I asked it to call, but recently if I give a command, it won't understand about half the names in my phonebook now......any ideas why?

#269 ·
Except in manufacturing so far they have not updated sync G1 on these cars, mine is at 3.x.x but has not had an update made available since it was built 4/23/12 so don't count on software updates period never mind the fact that they keep screwing up MFT.

#271 ·
Yes they are as I have sync set to download my phonebook every time the car starts....and I have called the numbers before using sync, just recently it won't understand all of the names and will ask if I want to call somone else by a totally different name.

#272 ·
Have you tried deleting and pairing the phone again to see if a fresh upload of the phonebook helps? Or, and I hate to say it because it is a pain, performing a reset and adding the phone again?

#274 ·
I had to use the redial feature today but I found out that this feature is no longuer available. I have 3.2 (The version that was sent at spring time to owners) Now I clearly remember using it using a verbal command when I first got the car back in nov '11. Was that feature removed ? If yes...why ?

#276 ·
I'm having issues with app link. I decided to try it out tonight on a quick run to the store. Got pandora to work then left the car to go inside the store. When I exited, it started playing on my phone but quit after about 5 seconds on its own. Got back in the car and it automatically connected and began playing again, but on my phone and not through the car. So when I got home, I restarted the phone and tried it again. This time I told it to exit pandora before getting out. We left again about 30 minutes later and when we got back in it started playing through the phone again. I do have a rather old android, could it be the os? Are others having this problem?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.