My Ford Touch Thread - Page 294 - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace


Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics

Car Audio, SYNC, MyFord Touch & Electronics The Forum for the Ford Focus audiophiles. The place to chat about automobile sound systems, security systems, or show off your I.C.E.!
Sponsored By: GT Sound Control


Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

Reply




 
LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-06-2013, 06:40 PM   #2931
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88061
Location: Jacksonville, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

Posts: 967
FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by oritpro View Post
Yeah, it looks like the dealer installed v3.5.1 over v3.5.1 for me. I told them it already had that version but they insisted they had a brand new release.
My experience with my dealer is that none of them have a clue when it comes to mft. It's pretty sad actually. It's only going to get worse for them here as cars get more technical too. Ford would be wise to hire experts who deal only with electronics. That's how all the best customization shops are organized.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile HD
__________________
2012 Titanium Sedan, Ebony Black - 400A, Luxury Package
Ordered: July 14 VIN received: August 19 Sticker: Sept 3 Build Date: Sept 10 Delivered: Sept 21

Last edited by blackraven456; 03-06-2013 at 09:45 PM.
blackraven456 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old 03-07-2013, 12:14 PM   #2932
Focus Enthusiast
 
oritpro's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96148
Location: Portland, OR
What I Drive: 2012 Subaru Impreza Sport Limited

Posts: 441
Points 749, Level 14
Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14 Points: 749, Level: 14
Level Up 49% Completed
Level up: 49% Level up: 49% Level up: 49%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 oritpro Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackraven456 View Post
My experience with my dealer is that none of them have a clue when it comes to mft. It's pretty sad actually. It's only going to get worse for them here as cars get more technical too. Ford would be wise to hire experts who deal only with electronics. That's how all the best customization shops are organized.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile HD
Unless Ford releases some new groundbreaking gotta have it feature I am sticking with v3.5.1 for as long as I have the car. It has it's share of problems but they're manageable.
oritpro is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 04:56 PM   #2933
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 110640
Location: Springfield, MA
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

Posts: 201
FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Hi all, just got some alone time in the new buggy this afternoon and I was wondering if anyone has heard of this issue. While listening to Sirius I noticed that the volume muted slightly and then returned to set volume, i was stopped at one point and the volume did not fully cut out, just seemed to go down and then come back up. Seemed random but I did not time it and it happened about five times in the 1+ hours that I was driving. I did not check any other settings like FM or such.
__________________
2013 Titanium HB - Handling pkg. - Platinum White
PandT is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #2934
Focus Addict
 
OPsDad's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Fan#: 108661
Location: Denham Springs, LA
What I Drive: 2014 Fusion Titanium AWD Moonroof

Posts: 727
FF Reputation: 2 OPsDad Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
I went to set the Wi-Fi to connect to the house when the car is home; the security key won't accept anything but numbers.
__________________
SR #265 | "Quia currus certatus, inferius"
13 Focus Ti Sedan w/Handling Pkg, MFT Sony 10 NAV, Leather
13 Focus SE HB Sterling Grey, 201A, Leather
06 F350 6.0L DRW King Ranch, Sunroof, Rhino Bed Liner, 4" MBRP Turbo Back, AirRaid, Edge Chip w/Pyro
OPsDad is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 05:33 PM   #2935
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 110640
Location: Springfield, MA
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

Posts: 201
FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by OPsDad View Post
I went to set the Wi-Fi to connect to the house when the car is home; the security key won't accept anything but numbers.
Same here but I read some reply that said that Wi-Fi had no use in our cars yet?
__________________
2013 Titanium HB - Handling pkg. - Platinum White
PandT is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 05:41 PM   #2936
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Fan#: 96372
Location: Rochester, NY
What I Drive: My sister's car while it is salty

Posts: 222
FF Reputation: 1 ralck Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandT View Post
Hi all, just got some alone time in the new buggy this afternoon and I was wondering if anyone has heard of this issue. While listening to Sirius I noticed that the volume muted slightly and then returned to set volume, i was stopped at one point and the volume did not fully cut out, just seemed to go down and then come back up. Seemed random but I did not time it and it happened about five times in the 1+ hours that I was driving. I did not check any other settings like FM or such.
The car has a feature to adjust volume based on speed. Basically, when you slow down/stop it lowers the volume. I think it is supposed to make it sound more even when the road/engine noise cuts out.
I have no idea where this setting would be in the MFT menus because I have the regular radio.
__________________
2013 SE Hatch, 201A, Moonroof, Winter package, Blue Candy, 5MT ├┼┘
ralck is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #2937
Focus Enthusiast
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Fan#: 110640
Location: Springfield, MA
What I Drive: 2013 Titanium Hatch 18" Plat White

Posts: 201
FF Reputation: 2 PandT Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ralck View Post
The car has a feature to adjust volume based on speed. Basically, when you slow down/stop it lowers the volume. I think it is supposed to make it sound more even when the road/engine noise cuts out.
I have no idea where this setting would be in the MFT menus because I have the regular radio.
I have the feature but it is set to off right now.
__________________
2013 Titanium HB - Handling pkg. - Platinum White
PandT is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 10:11 AM   #2938
Focus Addict
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88061
Location: Jacksonville, FL
What I Drive: 2012 Black Focus Titanium Sedan

Posts: 967
FF Reputation: 1 blackraven456 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by PandT View Post
Same here but I read some reply that said that Wi-Fi had no use in our cars yet?
It has no real practical use. It does work technically. When the car came out there were like 2 models of usb cellular data sticks you could plug into the usb ports to get in car Wi-Fi. Also, the idea was to originally have a web browser, apps and updates come from local Wi-Fi at home, but that was abandoned because the basics of the system was bad joke that's still being patched 2 years later.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using FF Mobile HD
__________________
2012 Titanium Sedan, Ebony Black - 400A, Luxury Package
Ordered: July 14 VIN received: August 19 Sticker: Sept 3 Build Date: Sept 10 Delivered: Sept 21
blackraven456 is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 10:16 AM   #2939
Focus Enthusiast
 
gtncpa's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Fan#: 86143
Location: Midland Park, NJ
What I Drive: 2012 Black Titanium Hatch

Posts: 513
Points 1,741, Level 24
Points: 1,741, Level: 24 Points: 1,741, Level: 24 Points: 1,741, Level: 24
Level Up 41% Completed
Level up: 41% Level up: 41% Level up: 41%
Forum Activity 0%
Activity: 0% Activity: 0% Activity: 0%
FF Reputation: 2 gtncpa Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I know we think our cars infotainment is the worst sometimes ... well I was driving in my buddies new Mercedes ... the display went black. it did some sort of reboot and came back. I asked if that happened before and he said yes and Mercedes said they can't fix it unless they see it happen. He is also having trouble with the car working with his iPod. Sounds similar to some of the problems we are having ... Does this help us? No ... but misery loves company!!!
gtncpa is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-11-2013, 11:40 AM   #2940
Focus Fanatic
 
feta_mgp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Fan#: 88210
Location: Vero Beach, FL
What I Drive: 2012 SGM Focus SEL

Posts: 2,654
Points 3,286, Level 35
Points: 3,286, Level: 35 Points: 3,286, Level: 35 Points: 3,286, Level: 35
Level Up 58% Completed
Level up: 58% Level up: 58% Level up: 58%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 7 feta_mgp Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by gtncpa View Post
I know we think our cars infotainment is the worst sometimes ... well I was driving in my buddies new Mercedes ... the display went black. it did some sort of reboot and came back. I asked if that happened before and he said yes and Mercedes said they can't fix it unless they see it happen. He is also having trouble with the car working with his iPod. Sounds similar to some of the problems we are having ... Does this help us? No ... but misery loves company!!!
And our cars cost a fraction of the cost of a Mercedes equipped as such, I'm sure. It took BMW a decade to get iDrive right, too.

So yeah, our system isn't great, but it's not the only one. 3.5.1 has been enjoyable for me.
__________________
2012 SGM SEL Sedan Job 1 BD 6/2011
FSWERKS Cool-Flo w/ ITG Filter | FSWERKS Stealth Exhaust | 17x7.5 Axis Sport XMX Graphite wheels | Eibach Sportlines on Ti Handling Pkg bits
Sonic Crew #28
feta_mgp is offline  
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply
Message:
Options

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may post new threads
You may post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:05 PM.


Copyright 2002-2015 FocusFanatics.com. All Rights Reserved : Privacy Policy : Advertise Information

Focus Fanatics Ford Focus Forum offers many fun ways for you to engage with other Ford Focus Owners from across the world. Whether it be about the aftermarket performance modifications, technical how-to's, European tuned suspension or awesome fuel economy similar to the Mazda CX-3, Audi S3, Mazda MX-5 Miata and Acura TLX. You can find all Ford Focus, Focus ST and Focus RS related information here. Join our Ford Focus discussion forums and chat with local Focus enthusiasts in your area. If you own other makes have a look at Challenger Hellcat Forum, Charger Hellcat Forum, Cadillac ATS-V Forum, Cadillac ATS Forum, Cadillac CTS-V Forum, Lexus RC-F Forum, Lexus GS-F Forum, Mercedes GLA Forum, Mercedes GLE Forum, Civic Type-R Forum and Volvo XC90 Forum.





Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.1