Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Klondike's Build Thread:

25K views 261 replies 25 participants last post by  freemind 
#1 ·
So can anyone guess what this is for??

[headbang]...is your hint

See less See more
#7 ·
I will give you 88 cents for it!! and you are doing some fiberglass job.

#13 ·
in that case... I also know what it is. In fact, I'm part of this project.

#15 ·
I'm the boss [grinking] I don't need to be there, just supervise you and make sure that everything goes right! lol

#16 ·
Ummmm...yeah...
My school said I was the boss, and gave me these...

[:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)][:)]**
Haters get ready!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Yes folks, anyone with a ZX3 body style is about to hate Klondike for these.

Rear C-Pillars in his car will no longer be stock. They will be holding a pair of these Boston Pro 60's in custom molded pods. The 6.5 mid bass driver and tweet will be displayed in the front along with a new LED for the passenger and driver side, kinda an over the sholuder reading light LED flushed in. It will also help illuminate the set up in the rear for viewing.
The panels were formed up using TravE2.0's ride because I dont have a ZX3 to work with so he volunteered for the cause. We did the measuring in his car and marked all the placement points for the fiberglass work.

I am doing an actual step by step how to for everyone so you can see the joys of fiberglassing first hand. I waited unitl I was almost finished to start the thread so as you read through the step by step, by the time you get to the end the pieces will be back on Klondike's car and he will finish the thread at his end. Hopefully shipping will get them there around monday.

This thread will include every step in the process. How to measure for clearence, how to mix the fiber glass, how to mix the bondo, how to prep, how to finish for paint, I am even including some clips on how to do several diffrent finishing techniques, such as marbel, granite, wood grain, carpet wrapping techniques, sound deadening techniques, the wiring of the LED's and their switches. This is gonna be a big one as I have over 300 pics and roughly 40 minutes of video clips to upload over the next few days.
**56K users** have no fear, I did it in tons of seperate smaller clips for easier uploading, just send me a pm saying what you want to know and I will be able to reference you to the correct page so you wont have to surf.

There will be an edit in the end to add the table of contents of the build for reference as well.

Enjoy everyone, see you tommorrow!!!

#17 ·
Well, I'm the dean of your school so basically... Your are the boss of that project, I'm the boss overall! lol j/k it seems like interesting project. Can't wait to see it finished!

#18 ·
Oh yeah, I almost forgot. In regards to finishing ideas. I will be doing a seperate how to for custom enclosures coming up soon that will include raised lettering, how to wrap with carpet, vinyle etc. How to use foam deadners, DynaXorb and polyfill the correct way. It will kinda over lap this one a little because some of the techniques will be used here.
Keep an eye out for this one, its in the works.

#23 ·
#25 ·
You guys just need to convince him to buy the other pair currently located in my Q Logic kick panels. Then he could wrap himself in the sweet sweet meoldic tones of ProComp style sound. The imaging in these is tremendous and large. You could easily use one pair to stage an Excursion let alone a focus. With two pair...ppphhheeewww

I ran two pair of these (obviously) in my fofo and won many a show. My car was a dB drag car, then I got these and started competeing in SQ Pro Comp. division tournaments, winning most or at least placing and then I would roll the car to the lanes and turn the subs back on and dump 157 dB's on em'. These speakers could not only be heard over all that but they could be heard clearly, very clearly.

Here's the bass, about 150 dB's, I'm yelling the words "here comes subsonic" but I'm barely audible...

I had to show people that in order to just record standing around the car because everything was so loud you had to de-tune everything, bass in the neg's and subs at 0 watch for it at the end^^

So we know they are loud now, but what about clear??

get to close and as you can hear for yourself the mids and hi's from these speaks will distort the recorder as well as the bass. Sorry I couldn't record inside the car for you. I'm sure he'll be playing them pretty loud at focus fest

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.