Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Stock Speakers Size

51K views 20 replies 13 participants last post by  midnightprowler 
#1 ·
I'm considering upgrading my interior speakers for my doors.

Here's the idea, for those who are dumbfounded about where the speakers are, sizes as well, and what are they too. Like speaker-tweeter? Plain speaker? And maybe make this thread a sticky.

I'm guessing there are four speakers, one in each doors, that's all? If so, what sizes are the front speakers and rear speakers?

I'm thinking of upgrading the speakers that matches the sizes and maybe connection too, and maybe some changes to make speakers to work properly as well.

I'd appreciate any help here and infos.

#4 ·
All Focus stock speakers (I've read on here, so don't quote me) are 5x7. 6x8s will work also. You'll need adapters to hook up aftermarket speakers. I bought Ford OEM premium speakers (that $30 speaker deal that was a craze a while back), so I didn't have to get adapters. Same plug-in type. If you can, I suggest trying to go back in the threads here on Audio and finding the thread called "Upgrade Your Speakers...CHEAP!" There's a link on there to the great speaker deal on PartsExpress.com. It's a clearance sale, offering the Ford OEM premium speakers for $30 shipped for a set of four. That's what I got, and the sound is great! I'm selling my four stock ones, btw. PM me if anyone is interested! Hope all my info I have to offer helps!

#7 ·
^^^ my 03 has 6x8. i'm glad i got rid of them and the radio!

#8 ·
5x7 and 6x8 are the same... Technically, the size for Focus is 5x7. Look on any site and it'll say our speaker size is 5x7. But 5x7 and 6x8 are the same thing, so it really doesn't matter...

#10 ·
Yeah, I've seen few of those too....

Does all the speakers come a pair? I mean when you want to buy speakers, you would have to buy two pack, and there's a pair per pack right?

#12 ·
#13 ·
Here's the thing about Crutchfield... They're "fitting guide" is never quite right, I don't believe. When I was doing research to buy a new headunit for my old Explorer way back when, it told me on Crutchfield it wouldn't fit. But Best Buy's online fit guide said it would. I asked a guy at my local Best Buy store and he said Crutchfield's guide is never exactly right. Just stick with buying 5x7's or 6x8's and you'll be fine, no matter what anybody's fitting guide says. Front doors and rear doors will be exactly the same size. Like I said before, all Focus speaker sizes are 5x7, but you can get 6x8's also.

#15 ·
If you are going to replace your stock speakers in your 06 SES sedan. IMHO buy the JBL P8652 6x8 coaxial speakers. The crossover is seperate from the speaker which is rare and has definate advantages over speakers with the crossover built into the speaker or no crossover whatsoever. Plus you can't buy a better pair of multi-element speakers for the Focus, bar none. www.amazon.com has them for a little over $60/pair which is a steal. They will fit the front and rear doors. Don't settle for less. I had a these speakers in my 05 SES powered by an Alpine MRP-450 4 channel amp rated at 70 watts RMS and they sounded so natural it was practically like I was listening to a live performance. The Alpine is available from www.onlinecarstereo.com for $189, yet another steal. If you opt for anything less please don't listen to the 4 6x8 JBL P8652's with the Alpine MRP-450 amplifier. You will wish you had taken this advice and will regret purchasing any other multi-element speaker/amp package. I am excluding component speakers as I listened to various brands and none compared to the JBL's. This is after all given to you IMHO. You will not regret this set up.

#17 ·
As everyone has said, 5x7/6x8 is what the Focus uses. Anything you buy aftermarket is going to be an upgrade over stock. For a reasonable $100 or so a pair you can get Polk db's, which are a good all around speaker. You can spend as little or as much as you want, so keep that in mind...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.