Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Official Head Unit(Deck) Gallery

238K views 161 replies 124 participants last post by  hbarcat 
#1 ·
Please use the format below and try to provide as much information as possible.
Don't forget to upload a picture of your head unit. Please refrain from posting replies other than in the format below.

Example
Company Name: Kenwood
Model Number: KRC907
Price: $250.00
Overall Rating: 1-10: 9

~ Any Comments

-----------------------------------------------------

Company Name:
Model Number:
Price:
Overall Rating:

#106 ·
Company Name: Boss
Model Number: BV-9999BI
MSRP: $529.00
Price: $229.00 (cartoys online)
Overall Rating: 1-10: 9.5

Great HU!!!! Retrevo scored it as a "thumbs up" good buy for high end users. Tons of features:
-Blue tooth: with a mic on HU, for handsfree phone calls. I also connect BT to my phone and listen to Pandora though the radio.
-SD card slot
-backup camera ready
-Aux port in front and back
-2 a/v RCA conntections
-subwoofer output
-mpeg4 playback, as well as CD-R, CD-RW, SVCD, DVD, CD, Video CD, SDVD media types
-340 watts
-TV Tuner capable

I could keep going but i think you get the picture.....

#108 ·
I have the Schoche dash plate and it just dropped in. I attached and tightened all the screws, everything just lined up! I guess I got lucky.
Posted via FF Mobile

#110 ·
Sony
Xplod
I bought this and a nice amp from somebody on here for a hundred bucks. it came with the wiring harnesses and the mount. easy to figure out menus, colors are blue/red and the xplod setting makes even the stock car speakers bass. i need subs now.

#112 ·
my next head unit, really looking forward to getting this. hoping to have the money for it by the end of august seeing as to how my b-day is in august.

dual left/right 16band graphic eq
3 5volt preouts
3 way crossover network
24 bit burr brown
time alingment
eq and time alignment can be auto or manualy setup. has an sd card slot 2 rear usb ports and front aux. built in bluetooth and pandora radio app.

http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/PUSA/Car/CD-Receivers/DEH-80PRS

all those options for a great price from crutchfeild

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13080PRS/Pioneer-DEH-80PRS.html?tp=5684

#114 ·
Got another Sony. I like Sony HU's because they have the remote inputs and are compatible with my adapter so I can use my steering wheel controls. This has a 6.5" touchscreen and is double-din. I did have to modify my dash a bit with a little cutting but fits in there nice. I eventually want to upgrade to the XAV7-- model that has a 7" screen and cleaner appearance. Waiting for the Metra dash kit to arrive so I can fill those ugly gaps lol.

Sony XAV622

Daytime:

Night time:(or lights on)

#116 ·
kenwood
KDC-BT948HD
249.99 at bestbuy
rating: 2 out of 10

glad to see nobody so far got screwed with this crap. actually its the whole kenwood brand of head units that have let me down along with best buy's customer service. first kenwood hu i bought was about 180$ i think, within about 6 months had a loose faceplate and would turn the whole display off (still playing music) then bring the welcome screen back and act like it was just turned on any time i would press a button. took it back to BB, showed the install bay it was crap and they decided to send it out for repair. called me three weeks later telling me it was back at the store and ready for pickup. get to the store and they say nothing was wrong and i owe them 38$ for shipping. i flipped my shit and they waved the fee, told me to show the install guy again that it was still broken and come back. did just that, install guy was astounded the repair facility found nothing wrong. go back to customer service where they tell me they have to send it out again. flipped my shit more and got them to refund me all but my extended warrenty which was fine by me. upgraded to the hu i have now, paid extra on top of my refund and bought another extended warrenty. another 6 months and the SAME problem on a different hu and higher model. took it back and they said they had to send the new one out for repair. flipped my shit and the manager told me its out of his control, only to find out after calling corpo that it was his disgretion to send it out or refund me. this time they replaced the faceplate and ive had no problems for a few months, but im forever turned off of kenwood and bestbuy. ill never go back to either. the sad thing is, other than this problem the hu works great.

anyway, heres a few pics, the iphone case if anyone is wondering is a rokform rokbed v3 with the car mount. 24$ on amazon and i LOVE the placement. for quick fb or instagram checks, to speedometer apps, to gps its perfect.

#119 ·
glad to see nobody so far got screwed with this crap. actually its the whole kenwood brand of head units that have let me down along with best buy's customer service.
Best Buy is hit or miss. Some of their stores are AWESOME and some of them I wouldn't take a junk car too let alone a daily driver. There's one in Springfield, OH that has NO idea WTF they are doing. Meanwhile, there's one about 15 miles away in Beavercreek, OH that's got their sh!t wired TIGHT. It all depends on the store and how it's run.

#117 ·
Kenwood
KDC-X996
279.00 at local shop
rating: 9 out of 10

BT is great! The best so far from Kenwood
DSP is what killed the 10 of 10 rating, no way to raise the front staging like on my previous KDC-X993. HD radio works great. Better display and better remote features.

Sorry for security reasons, I am not going to show my vehicle.

#118 ·
Company Name: Pioneer
Model Number: AVH-P1400DVD
Price: $200.00 (On Sale)
Overall Rating: 8

Gave it an 8 due to having to hook up an iPod via the USB and Aux ports with Pioneers special cord instead of just being able to use the normal USB that comes with the iPod.
Other than that I really like the HU. Easy to use, pretty customizeable. High and Low Pass settings. Bypassed parking brake safety feature and everything works great.

#121 ·
Gave it an 8 due to having to hook up an iPod via the USB and Aux ports with Pioneers special cord instead of just being able to use the normal USB that comes with the iPod.
Mine works just fine with the normal Ipod cord with my Iphone and Ipod.

If your mean Video then yes you need the special cord. (BTW ebay has them for $6)

#120 · (Edited)

Eclipse CD8443

9.5 out of 10
The reason being is there is no L/R EQ
8 volt pre-outs are king.
Loads of processing power in this SQ deck. Time alignment, 13 bands of EQ, X-over, Non fading 1 band parametric EQ and then there is Pro Mode, which opens Pandora's box!

All in all this is one of the best SQ decks ever made.

#122 · (Edited)
Just installed a Kenwood ddx419 in my 2012 Focus s. I really hate this car but I have to spend 8-10 hours a day in it might as well enjoy a good system.
I also have a pair of Kenwood 3013 subs, 1000w Kenwood 8105d amp in the trunk. About to order 4 door speakers and a 4 channel amp, all Kenwood.

The unit sounds awesome sauce. I can control the eq for the front, rear, and sub. The frequencies for the front, rear, and sub. Time correction. You can match the lights to your dash. So many controls for everything. My only real complaints are start up time. It takes forever. Touch screen isn't the best, takes a little too much pressure. And the subwoofer level adjustment is a 5 step process instead of 1-2 steps like it should be.

#126 ·
Just installed a Kenwood ddx419 in my 2012 Focus s. I really hate this car but I have to spend 8-10 hours a day in it might as well enjoy a good system.
I also have a pair of Kenwood 3013 subs, 1000w Kenwood 8105d amp in the trunk. About to order 4 door speakers and a 4 channel amp, all Kenwood.

The unit sounds awesome sauce. I can control the eq for the front, rear, and sub. The frequencies for the front, rear, and sub. Time correction. You can match the lights to your dash. So many controls for everything. My only real complaints are start up time. It takes forever. Touch screen isn't the best, takes a little too much pressure. And the subwoofer level adjustment is a 5 step process instead of 1-2 steps like it should be.

extremeatheist, where did you obtain the new faceplate for the radio install? Crutchfield?

#123 ·
KDC-696
Price: $116.99 was around $299 or so got the friend hookup from mickey shor plus a free amp kit and all free install for everything

Overall 1-10: 9 just wish it had the color change like most newer models do

Also have a crunch powerzone 2000.1 amp with 2 07 duel 2ohm kicker cvrs(the sliver ones)

sent from my rooted thunderblaster!

#124 · (Edited)
Company Name: Pioneer
Model Number: 80PRS
Price: $350
Overall Rating: 9/10

http://www.crutchfield.com/p_13080P...l?showAll=N&search=80prs&skipvs=T#details-tab
Best new SQ headunit other then the Pionner P99RS for $1,100.00

9 of 10 because the P99RS looks better and I hate how far you have to turn them up (62max volume) and wish it had HD radio.
Ive had many headunits including a double din before getting this one. I love it.

16 band L/R EQ
3 sets of 5 volt outputs
active capable
auto EQ and TA
3-way crossover
Burr-Brown 24-bit D/A Converters
2 rear USB
2 aux inputs
SD card slot
bluetooth

#134 ·
Cool. I was wanting the 7 series to replace the 6 I have. I love the cleaner look with the controls at the bottom and 7" screen. But I put it in my truck now since my focus is up for the winter. Also have the backup camera [:D] which is nice for the truck. Do you need the steering wheel controls adapter?

#133 ·
Sony XAV-701HD. I can pick one up for about $450 brand new from a stereo shop here in SLC. I noticed crutchfield is saying that the sony deck won't fit but I saw one of you guys had it installed. Did you have to modify your console at all to get it to fit?
I only had to shave off a mm from the top part of the hole where the unit goes into. Easy as cake, and only took a few minutes. Only flaw is that I wasn't able to use the screws on the console again. No big deal though.

#137 ·
Headunit is a JVC KD-S48. I ran the rear usb plug to the where the SYNC one was but this hu doesn't have a rear aux to run to the factory location as well.

Wired in with:
PAC C2R-FRD1
Axxess Metra ASWC-1

Metra dash panel

Future plans are to replace the factory screen with some gauges or something

#139 ·
Put in the Sony XAV-602BT. Alright features. I chose it mainly for the touchscreen & 5v Preouts...well...I REALLY chose it because I wanted the OEM h/u OUT already =P

I ran the USB [Rear] down through the center console, and out the bottom of the center arm rest.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.