Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Official Head Unit(Deck) Gallery

238K views 161 replies 124 participants last post by  hbarcat 
#1 ·
Please use the format below and try to provide as much information as possible.
Don't forget to upload a picture of your head unit. Please refrain from posting replies other than in the format below.

Example
Company Name: Kenwood
Model Number: KRC907
Price: $250.00
Overall Rating: 1-10: 9

~ Any Comments

-----------------------------------------------------

Company Name:
Model Number:
Price:
Overall Rating:

#30 ·
Company Name: Alpine
Model Number: CDA-9883
Price: $180.00--eBay
Overall Rating: 1-10:9

Great sound quality. Sounds crystal clear. Plenty of variations to dynamics. Only bad thing is, sometimes it lags up like a sec or two. Not enough to get you angry, but enough you'll notice that your waiting.

At night, camera doesnt work that well w/o flash.

#34 ·
All off topic posts were deleted.. please make sure to stay on topic...

Posts in this thread should contain your radio, info price, and a pic. no conversing. if you would like to converse, please use another thread in the car audio forum.

thanks guys!

-matt

ps. for posting guidelines for this thread, please see toms post, on page one for details

#35 ·
Company Name: Sony
Model Number: CDX-GT610Ui
Price: $169.99
Overall Rating: 1-10: 10

I bought it from Crutchfield.com and it came with $47 worth of install hardware, has super cool features like front auxiliary and USB inputs and manual radio tuning, remote control, built-in Ipod connection, and a set of pre-amp sub outputs. Has a pretty high power amp, 52w peak x 4, and the sound is crystal clear. IMO you cannot beat the this unit for the price and features.

#37 ·
Company Name: Clarion
Model Number: DXZ728R
Price: Not sure new, bought reconditioned for £50 1 year ago
Overall Rating: 1-10: 7-8

For the price, sound quality is awesome, id rate it on sound equivelant to my friends new pioneer HU, quite alot of features (DAB input control, tv tuner control, apparantly :S) 2 amp outputs, 1 aux input, adjustable everything, easy to use and has a motorised flip down front (i like). Just great value for money.

#39 ·
Company Name: KENWOOD
Model Number: KDCMP232
Price: $190 installed at Hazardous Concepts, Culloden, WV (in the Trep)
I think $50 to install in the Focus
Overall Rating: 1-10: 7-8

Good unit from about 2.5 years ago. Does almost everything. AUX input, HD Radio ready, Sat Radio ready.
down notes: only one 2v preamp output, not really good for overall SQ, although it is better then stock

close up from my 1994 Dodge Intrepid:

#44 ·

Dual 7500DN
120 at Walmart
Overall... 5 right now, probley alot higher when i get the Sub and amp workin in the SVT

Drawback, Bright as hell at night, and 3 hrs is really bright so i though my sweatshirt over the dash and let it hang so that it covers the deck. and yes i do have to closed but it has really bright blue halos around the knobs. So it till then its pretty sweet!

#45 ·
Here is my Head Unit...

Alpine IDA-X001
Got it for $198 CND, on sale from 500...Heck of a steal. It also came with the iPod cable.
And overall, I rate it an 11/10, because it is just great in every way.

#46 ·
Blaupunkt Brisbane SD48.
$159.99 from Crutchfield, which included a full fitting kit and shipping.
Features up front SD card reader and Aux input, rear mounted USB with included cable (which I've run into the glove box).
Rounded edges and curved front panel work really nicely with the Focus aesthetics.
Sounds great, even with the stock speakers. Much better than the factory deck.
Included American International fitting kit feels nice and solid.

#47 ·
I got his hu before I had my drivers license, and it was in my first car, a Saturn. Still works, so I'm still using it!

That sub is a Pioneer TS-W301R, I had two of them in my last car, but the hatch leaves little room with both in there, so I'm selling one to a friend. I should have pics of these installed within a week or so.

#48 ·
Company Name: JVC
Model Number: KD-PDR80
Price: Originally 189.99, Went on sale after I got it for 149.99, and got my $40 Refund from CC! +100 bucks for the Direct Connect Sirius (which ive had for like 3 years)
Overall Rating: LOVE IT!

Been A JVC Fan for a while. Wanted to go back to Pioneer, but the JVC was cheaper and I already had the JVC Direct Connect. I just replaced an older JVC that Died on me with this new JVC. Its awesome. The EQ is fairly involved with a good ammount of tweaks beyond simple "Bass and Trebble". I love and almost solely listen to Sirius and CDs, so my Homemade Shorty Antenna isnt an issue. Im looking to get the Bluetooth adapter for it by Christmas hopefully. Its very tuneable, you can adjust the display color of the screen, and have different colors for day and night. I have a super bright white/blue for day, and a faint light green for night so its easy on th eyes. The Blue of the face and the knobs go great with blue painted pieces in my interior. It was a great buy at 149 and a sweet radio at 189. Im hoping it lasts longer than my old JVC, i seem to get about 2 years out of my radios (regareless of brand). Its this Florida heat i suppose, but thats what the 4 year extended warranty is for!

Its got a Front AUX port and a Front USB port, one of which i will hopefully be using in the near future to play my *insert brand here* MP3 player.

Here's 2 day shots:

Listening to ESPN on Sirius! [:D]

I have a night shot, and will attach it when i get it off my camera.

#49 ·
Company: Alpine
Model: CDA-9886
Price: $299.99
Overall Rating: 8

Really nice head unit. Never got the Imprint module for it since I run a Rockford Fosgate 3SIXTY.2. Only gripe I have is that the Ipod Interface is a tad slow and if you shut the car off and do not turn the radio off the ipod does not pause

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.