01-19-2012, 11:12 PM
Join Date: Oct 2011
Location: Fort Bragg, NC
What I Drive: 2005 Sonic Blue ZX3
FF Reputation: 1
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2
Originally Posted by jay-rod05
Bought a cruise control kit for my focus that had a Tan wheel but I have a black interior so i have no need for this wheel.
Wheel Part Number: 2M51-3600-CCW
Switch Part Number: 2M5T-9E740-BB
Easy how to install (also in pictures below):
- Take positive terminal off Battery (need 10 mm socket)
- Wait 10-15 minutes for capacitors to drain
- Unscrew airbag. There are two 5.5 mm bolts on back of wheel. They are pretty recessed but you will see the location on the new wheel. They do not fall out, just untighten until they are no longer threaded.
- Unplug and Remove airbag and store outside car faceing up
- Unplug old cruise switches
- Unblot old steering wheel (24mm bolt)
- Pull off old steering wheel
- Put new steering wheel in same location as old wheel was
- Bolt on new wheel with old 24mm bolt
- Plug in cruise switches in the same location as the old switches
- GROUND YOURSELF BY TOUCHING BARE METAL OF THE CAR UNLESS YOU WANT TO RISK (low risk) FINDING OUT WHAT AN AIRBAG DOES
- Plug airbag back into harness and push airbag back into place
- Tighten the two 5.5 mm bolts back into airbag
- Replace positive wire on positve terminal
- Enjoy your brand new wheel.
Asking $60 shipped anywhere in the USA.
I'll ship same day payment is made via FedEx or USPS whichever is cheaper.
srry for off topic but how much does the entire kit cost to put in cruise control? kinda intrested PM so it does not clutter your post thanx
FO-FO FO SURE
Rolling in a 2005 ZX3 Roush SVT combo
"When a man opens a car door for his wife, it's either a new car or a new GF.”