Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Help me with install on rear camber kit

11K views 17 replies 8 participants last post by  cbrenn71 
#1 ·
i posted a bit back refering to problems with my rear suspension. i was told by my alignment shop that does great work, that a rear camber kit would remedy my problem.

i got my camber kit in, but have no idea how to install it. can someone who has done this before and knows what they are doing, help me out? thanks.

i have attached a picture of what my camber kit looks like. thanks.

See less See more
#3 ·
lol. stock. my suspension has some issues apparently due to stock springs settling and throwing off my camber. i chewed through a set of firehawks before i saw what was going on.

#5 ·
i know of the redesigned upper control arms. the reason they developed them was due to the fact the springs settle and the fact that the upper control arms drop in causing the alignment issue. these camber kits allow for +/- 1 degree of camber adjustment. the same as the new upper control arms do. i was told by a ford master mechanic this would also remedy the problem.

thanks for the insight though.

#7 ·
yeah i was reading that on the instructions, and i saw which one i have to grind off. shouldn't be that hard, but i was confused about the position of the winged washers. do they go on the outsides of the control arm?

#8 ·
The winged washer goes right under the bolt head. The inside wing fits in the hole on the control arm. This washer acts like a lock washer to keep the bolt from turning when you tighten the nut on the other end. Before you install the bolts paint the arrow on the bolt head white or yellow. This will help the alignment guy and yourself know which way the cam on the bolt is pointed. I pointed both straight up (a neutral position) and then took it in for the alignment.

#9 ·
cbrenn71 said:
these camber kits allow for +/- 1 degree of camber adjustment. the same as the new upper control arms do.
The revised upper control arms do not allow for any adjustment.
They add +1° camber to alleviate too much negative camber, and have no provision for adjustment at all.

Installation instructions for the adjustable rear camber bolts:
http://www.teamfocus.us/camberboltsinstall.htm

#10 ·
sorry, yeah, i meant that t hey add one degree, not plus or minus. i got them installed today. took me about 25 minutes from start to finish to do both sides.

thanks for the help guys. i can see visually my camber has taken a turn for the better just by installing them, and not having it aligned yet. time for new tires and an alignment.

#12 ·
yep, takes a few seconds to get the car jacked up and the wheel off.

taking the bolt out is simple. then i used a dremel with a disk on it to cut of the welds most of the way and then used a cold chisel to knock it off. then cleaned the area up, painted and reinstalled.

#13 ·
well got new tires today, and got an alignment, well sorta.

had it put up on the rack, and everything was in spec. i asked the guy if it was dumb luck that i got my camber kit dead on, he said yep. so 10 dollars later and a printout and i was on my way.

#15 ·
btw- the 25 dollar camber kit sure beats the heck out of the 300 dollar solution from ford.

#17 ·
ebay is cheap for rear camber bolts I got them and camber plates for the front also for $124.00 shipped.

#18 ·
yep, i got them from ebay. sorry i didnt keep an eye on this thread a little better.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.