Eibach or KW? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2005, 12:13 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 782
What I Drive: 2003 ZTS 100th Anniversary

FF Reputation: 1 Spanky Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (1)
Eibach or KW?

Hey guys, I need your input/help....

I've got a 2003 ZTS sedan that I have just added 17"x7" wheels w/ 215/40 tires onto. My next mod is going to be a complete suspension upgrade. I want an entire system done all at once (dampers, springs, sway bars, and bushings), and have narrowed my choices to either the Eibach Pro-System Plus, or the KW set-up that is in the FRPP catalog.

I am looking for performance first, followed by comfort, and finally ride height (not "slammed", though). I like the fact that the KW parts are good enough to be the choice for FRPP, but am slightly concerned that it isn't more popular than it seems. I've tried doing searches, but haven't come up with a whole lot. Any experience and/or thoughts on either would be a big help.

BTW, this is going to be a street driven, daily-driver, so even though I want the performance of an aftermarket suspension, it still has to be liveable.

S-

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2005, 06:55 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19916
What I Drive: 2002 focus zts

FF Reputation: 1 jezwald1016 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
i have a zts and do not recommend the sportline kit,,it is too soft and will rub in rear,,as for pro kit and kw kit i think id go with eibach,,they are a more reputable company... ill be upgrading to pro kit soon... to get rid of scrapage!! ....jess
Old 04-10-2005, 09:20 AM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 19115
FF Reputation: 1 Burnin8r Good Standing Member
eibach makes quality product for all kinds of cars, i am familiar with KW from the euro scene.

KW has some stainless suspension systems that are just beautiful, and you will appreciate the corrosion resistance if you live where the roads are constantly salted. its your call...
Old 04-10-2005, 02:41 PM   #4
Focus Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally posted by thefrush
KW ALL THE FREAKIN WAY.
Can you let me in on why you say that? I appreciate the vote, but I'm looking for reasons and/or experience with the two in order to help make up my mind.
Old 04-10-2005, 03:22 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 20502
What I Drive: 03 svt

FF Reputation: 1 scsvt Good Standing Member
h&r!!!! go big or not at all. get konis adlustables with h&r springs cant be beat
Old 04-10-2005, 11:05 PM   #6
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 9875
What I Drive: 2007 Jetta Gunmetal Silver

FF Reputation: 1 Hawaii5023 Good Standing Member
How soon are you looking to purchase your suspension? I'm going to get the Eibach Pro System Plus 2in drop kit at or towards the end of April and can tell you how I like it once I get it installed (shouldn't take more than a week or so). I've never encountered KW before, so I can't put a word in there, but as far as I know, everyone that has the Eibach Pro (System or Kit) thinks that it was a worthwhile investment. Fyi if you didn't know already: the Pro System kit is dirt cheap on focus-central (cheapest I've found so far).
Old 04-11-2005, 01:08 PM   #7
It's been fun.......

Fan#: 1409
What I Drive: Boosted ZX5 ATX - 179WHP/158TQ

FF Reputation: 2 Focusedat50 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (30)
KW, can't go wrong.
Old 04-11-2005, 03:41 PM   #8
Focus Addict

Fan#: 10486
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZX5 ATX Disco Potato

FF Reputation: 5 osiris_vdc Good Standing Member
I've got the EIbach Pro-Kit Plus. I definatly like this setup. It doesn't have the huge drop. The rollbars definatly took some of the bodyroll out. Sometimes it's hard to tell what took more body roll out, the height drop or the rollbars themselves. The ride is definatly tighter as well. I don't notice it so much on highways and the like but inner city roads are a little more jarring. The biggest difference I notice is going over speed bumps. I have done one autoX event on this suspension. I can manage to rub the inside of the front fenders when I miss a turn and have to over correct my steering. It sounds bad but the damage is so minimal you have to look for it (I did). There is no asthetic damage done. The damage is all out of sight.

Something else I like is how the Focus looks after being lowered on the Eibach Pro-Kit. The car isn't slammed to the ground. To me the hight looks perfect. The curves of fenders match the curves of the tires. Take a look at the side picture of my car in "My Photo Gallery" (link is on the left side bar). It's a little difficult to tell because of how dark the fender wells are but you can probably tell. Take note of the curves. I also think for the price the Eibach Pro-Kit Plus is hard to beat.
Old 04-11-2005, 04:08 PM   #9
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 6755
FF Reputation: 1 onepartatatime Good Standing Member
I'm running the KW suspension and love the heck out of it. The spring rates are higher than other manufactures which will give you a rougher ride. The kit is stiff and runs well in the corners. I would not recommend the KW kit for and everday driver because of the rough ride. A friend has the Eibach Pro-Kit which feels a little softer. I couldn't notice any real performance difference between the two except the Eibach gave smoother ride. The KW feels a little more stable into high speed corners and really comes around with a good differential. I have had some handling issues in slower corners with understeer with the KW. That can be attributed to the higher spring rate though.The eibach really handles the corners well also but tend to feel a little uneasy at higher speeds. The choice is just yours. Both kits are great. This is just what I've experianced with both kits.
Old 04-11-2005, 08:20 PM   #10
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks alot guys. I really appreciate all your input. It seems like Eibach definately has the price advantage, but I do give quite a bit of kudos to KW for having been selected by FRPP as their suspension of choice.

I'm looking at getting one or the other in probably a months time. At this point, I still haven't made up my mind. Please keep the experiences and suggestions coming. H&R is not a choice because the drop is more than I'm looking for.

Thanks again everyone. I'll be sure to post when I finally decide....

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.