Why so much cheaper? - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-15-2005, 09:48 PM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 15630
What I Drive: 2003 custom metallic blue zx3

FF Reputation: 1 nhZX3 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Why so much cheaper?

How come the Eibach Sport-System Kit is so much cheaper then the Pro-System Kit. Isn't the only difference the drop? Also this price is cheaper then ive seen anywhere!

http://www.tirerack.com/suspension/s...780&perfCode=S

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-15-2005, 09:54 PM   #2
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 242
What I Drive: 2003 TwiBlue 2.3 ZX3

FF Reputation: 15 Lil PZEV Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (14)
It's possible they have a surplus of the Sportline springs or something? Not sure.

When I was looking into my suspension I realized it was cheaper to buy the Prokit (springs and dampers) separately and pay each box's shipping than to buy the "Prokit system" off TireRack with just the one item's shipping. I was confused so I emailed a lady there and she wrote back that she checked the facts and indeed it was cheaper to add the 2 things to my cart than buy the one "assembled" kit... she didn't know why, but there it was!
Old 03-15-2005, 09:59 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Thats strange but atleast you didnt pay more then you had to! Are sportlines good springs or will the ride quality be bad?

PS- Lil PZEV I think we are the only two doing the brackets (NAmotorsports one) from FF
Old 03-15-2005, 10:31 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

OT- When I signed up there were only like 8 people, I think there's more now? Boo to lesser chances. I suck at basketball, I just picked teams I'd heard mentioned on ESPN... hopefully I heard them in reference to them being good, not awful

Anyway, I ultimately didn't even buy the stuff from TR because then one of the sponsors had a Clearance sale and I got them even cheaper, so that was cool. But I was gonna order from them later that week when I found out!

I think Sportlines are really good springs, a little stiffer maybe than Pros, and certainly stock, but not bad at all. Def. a quality product, just not suited to my needs. The car's just a daily driver (although one I throw a lot of money at, maybe in the future it'll be more) and as hot as the Focus looks on Sportlines (I saw one exactly like mine on them as my kit was in the mail!) I just couldn't deal with the anxiety of tall parking space stoppers, steep driveways, snowbanks, etc... you live in NH, you know what I mean.

Plus the RI and MA DOT crews sure don't pay a lot of love to our roads, even when they do the frostheaves just ruin everything anyway, so I went for Prokit, and never looked back. I really love them, but I think Sportlines look gorgeous too, I just couldn't make the decision to sacrifice my nervous peace of mind for the extra half inch or so of lowering!
Old 03-15-2005, 10:50 PM   #5
Focus Enthusiast

Yeah there are A TON of people in the brackets now (lots of VW people)

Thanks for the info, yeah im kind of nervous about scraping also but I dont think .5 in wil make a huge difference and that price is looking pretty good to me. But thanks again and good luck with ur picks!
Old 03-16-2005, 01:29 AM   #6
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5736
What I Drive: 2003 White zx3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 16 Foci_Fosho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
The reasoning behind the price drop is that Race springs are pretty easy to design i think, just use the right strength of steel to support the correct amount of weight.

Basically what im getting at is there is more technology, more research and development went into designing a spring that not only lowers ride height, BUT also accompanies with superior ride comfort.

nhzx3, i'd think sportline springs are excellent ONLY as long as you are able to properly match them with the correct dampers. I would not install these springs with the stock dampers, save your money and get dampers to match.

and if your looking to Keep the same ride (or better) quality as before, i'd recommend getting the pro-kit and dampers, or you can get dampers a little bit down the road, but eventually the stock components will become worn.
(I have a 2" drop, and kyb agx and i can say that yes my ride quality has deminished, But at the expense of greatly improved handling)

But if you are not worried about ride quality, and want better handling, I would say get the sportlines along with pro-dampers, or even koni, or kyb agx will be a nice match to the new springs.
Old 03-16-2005, 07:48 AM   #7
Focus Enthusiast

Thanks for the info Foci! Yeah im buying either the sportline or pro-kit system so it will come with dampers.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:27 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Yeah that makes sense, actually. I mighta heard that before, too, or I'm making that up?!
Old 03-16-2005, 10:33 PM   #9
Focus Enthusiast

I want to keep a nice comfortable ride quality so im leaning towards the pro-kit, I just how other will be able to notice my car is lowered because I love the look of low cars.
Old 03-16-2005, 10:55 PM   #10
Focus Fanatic

What are you saying at the end there? Even a casual observer notices a dropped Focus... my mother who after a day at work barely notices when her living room carpet's gone (haha, it happened) noticed that my Focus was lower the day I got it done (without telling her). So it's a significant drop, but the ride isn't sacrificed, hardly at all I'd say.

Want pictures?

Then...

I can about fit my index and middle fingers between the tire and fender, the Sportline maybe my pinkie fits the same spot?

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.