suspension - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2005, 02:05 AM   #1
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 1461
What I Drive: 2002 Focus LX Infra Red

FF Reputation: 1 AsianChris Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (3)
Talking suspension

What do I need suspension wise.. well.. to go like kinda rally.. sure i don't have much hp.. .. but suspension.. like springs/shocks... tires/rims../ damper.. etc.. what things do I need to make my cornering superior. And more like the wtc cars on the tv? I have a spi sedan.. hehhe.. but I want to make it so i'm like in a rally car. Which i know sounds stupid and silly.. but Help a brother out.
Chris

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-11-2005, 04:18 AM   #2
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 7065
What I Drive: 2003 Silver ZTS

FF Reputation: 1 ZTS Dragon Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
I would say start off with some coilovers first.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:40 PM   #3
Focus Enthusiast

Fan#: 17314
What I Drive: 01' ZX3 - mtx

FF Reputation: 1 themangina69 Good Standing Member
H&R Cup Kit = $589 for 2.5" drop and hard dampening to take on the corners.
Old 03-11-2005, 10:57 PM   #4
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 5736
What I Drive: 2003 White zx3 2.3L

FF Reputation: 16 Foci_Fosho Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (6)
wrc cars aren't exactly lowered... their modications to their suspension excess a couple thousand dollars easily. I'm talking like dual shock absorbers per wheel, along with a very sophisticated coilover setup... you will not see any wrc focus with a 2.50" drop... they are designed for all (or evenly distributed) traction.

h&r cupkit would be excellent for touring, or racing on a track with even road surface, which is what i think where you are heading since you have a sedan.

I would actually love to see if there were people on here that actually participate in rally events...
    Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2005, 02:44 PM   #5
I miss my Turbo SVTF

Fan#: 6849
What I Drive: 1988 Mazda 323 GTX

FF Reputation: 1 Darth Focus Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (8)
I have H&R Cup Kit and H&R Rear Sway bar (OEM SVT Front bar in place) and my corners like CRAZY! My friends cant beleive a FWD handles like this...I'm going to do some bracing, etc. and some control arms..and some R tires and she should have superior turning abilities. H&R Cup Kit and rear sway bar...and some good tires...you'll never drive the same..
Corksport IC, CFDF Clutch, 2.5" Turboback, Konis,
Suspension Tech Springs, 22mm Rear Sway, + More.
Old 03-12-2005, 08:05 PM   #6
Team Shocker #2

Fan#: 13150
What I Drive: 2000 Pitch Black ZX3

FF Reputation: 1 Iggmasta Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (2)
H&R cup kit all the way best thing for your car
Old 03-14-2005, 10:11 AM   #7
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing Member Geezer Excellent Standing Member
Well, DMS, Ohlins, Proflex, and Bilstein all make rally suspensions but they will cost you a minimum of 750.00 a corner (3000.00 total). A rally suspension is not very street friendly. A rally suspension also has to be serviced (sent back to the manufacturer or authorized service center)every 500 to 1000 miles or so at the cost of 75 to 100.00 per shock. WRC cars have a seperate suspension for tarmac and gravel rallies. Yes, the trarmac suspension will be somewhat lower than the gravel ones are but not much.

A surprisingly good shock that has been successfully used for rallying is the KYB AGX. No it will not last as long a a real rally suspension, yes you will have to keep it on the ground and avoid yumps (yes jumps are referred to as yumps in rallying) but they will work. For rallying a monotube shock is preferred to improve cooling.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.