Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New to me

618 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  rambleon84 
#1 ·
Recently bought my first SVT :) . Knew there where some issues, but been eyeing one for awhile. One issue is that the car had a bent wheel. Did a roatation, bad idea! Horrible woble and grinding on braking. Went to my tire guy to do a "meat" swap. Told me I had "cupping" on the interior side of the tread. Usually meaning faulty suspension. A) Have never heard of cupping, does all that sound accurate? B) Have the stock suspension from my previous ride(2000 Honda Civic Si), could I do a swap? Any help would be appreciated, thanks.

#2 ·
the suspension from the honda will not work, you will need a focus specific one from 00-05. How many miles are on the SVT?

A worn suspension; bushings, and shocks/dampers that are blown will contribute to bad tire wear. Also, being out of alignment will do it too (which worn bushings can contribute to that too.) If your toe is out of spec (more so than camber, but camber can be an issue too) that will eat tires. Ideally try to get your rear aligned to around -1.5 to -2 on camber and toe as close to zero as possible.

Contact our site sponsors over at Village Ford and the part is "Focus Svt Damper Kit M-18000-ZX3, they should have the best price. Your springs should be fine unless they are rusted out/broken. Might also consider getting a set of camber bolts to help dial in your rear camber better (they are around $10/bolt)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.