Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ford Racing Springs Questions

4K views 23 replies 9 participants last post by  Gadabout 
#1 ·
I am looking at the 1.5 ford racing springs, first off the lowest i havr found these is $179ish has anyone seen them lower?

Second, how would these work with stock suspension. I only have about 30k on my car so the stock stuff still has alot of life left.

I will be doing no crazy driving, just in town and highway up to about 70mph on shorter 15-20 miles trips.

Thanks in advance.

#2 ·
The M-5560-ZXM1 springs are what you need w/M-18000-ZX3B dampers. The oem dampers you have w/ what ever milege won't work w/ 1.5'' drop springs. Do it & your doing it again soon down the road. Hit up Steve at Toulsey. You can do a lot better then that price.

#7 ·
When you drop a car, you take the factory shocks out of their optimal operating position. For gas shocks, this means the gasses are compressed beyond their designed thresholds just sitting still and it won't be long until they start leaking fluid and you notice major performance degradation.

Always do springs and shocks together.

#8 ·
If you're getting new springs, just do yourself a favor and get new dampers at the same time. It can be a pain to disassemble the struts to install the new springs just to then do it again a year later. Your stock shocks and struts will wear out pretty quickly on lowering springs; ask me how I know.

#9 · (Edited)
Ok thanks, I wasn't sure if the cars with the .5s from ford were just on the standard suspension or not. Us that what the svt dampers are for then, the smaller drop. So if I order the svt kit it should be the . 5 drop and the dampers that go with it right?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using FF Mobile

#10 ·
Ok thanks, I wasn't sure if the cars with the .8s from ford were just on the standard suspension or not. Us that what the svt dampers are for then, the smaller drop. So if I order the svt kit it should be the . 8 drop and the dampers that go with it right?

Either M-5560-ZXM1 or M-5560-ZX3B dampers will take 1.5'' drop spring.

#12 ·
I am going for the .8, the 1.5 looked lower than i wanted after seeing pics

Frpp's svt springs are a .05'' drop. Roush springs which are rebadged progress springs are .08'' drop if that what your looking for.

#15 ·
#18 ·
Thanks to all the good help and advice of Felix and all the good threads on here (mainly Felix lol), I've decided I'm doing the FRPP 1.5" springs and FRPP shocks/struts. If I had extra money I'd def do 2'' + but that involved a couple hundred more bucks at least. OP I'd do the 1.5" for sure. Don't do the .5 "hoping" it settles to .8". It won't be low enough for you and 1.5" is not that much. It's basically perfect IMO

Can someone confirm, I'll need Castor plates up front and camber bolts for the rears correct?

#19 ·
Your welcome, glad to help, Choate. No you won't need camber plates for the front, & I doubt you'll need camber bolts for the rear. Just to add=, I have -1.6/1.7 rear camber w/ a 2'' drop & a 2 degrees negative camber for the front w/ no tire wear issues. Just make sure your toe is set at zero for the front & +0.10 per side for the rear. Check the tire inflation & rotate your tires ever oil change.

#24 ·
Very Nice!! The gap between the fender and wheel Really bothers me. This upgrade is definitely on my "eventually" portion of the To Do, but man i can't wait to (hopefully) get this done.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.