Focus Fanatics Forum banner

05 st suspension questions

1K views 7 replies 5 participants last post by  rambleon84 
#1 ·
Well I upgraded my st suspension to coilovers, and im thinking of selling the parts I took off for a little extra money. Im pretty sure ive read somewhere that the st came with svt shocks/struts and springs is that right? also the car has 120xxx miles on It but the suspension looked pretty new Is there anyway to tell for sure If Its been replaced? Last what would a used set of svt shocks/struts and springs be worth? thanks

#4 ·
Sorry to burst your bubble, but w/ 120.000 miles & being stock= nothing. Scrape them. Thats what I did when my car was new= 2 weeks later, I was on frpp's springs/dampers to start. What coilovers did you end up w/? How do you like them?

#5 ·
Yeah I know if they are the originals I really don't expect to get anything out of them. But honestly they look brand new compared to everything else under there which leads me to believe they had been replaced at some point in time(could very well be wrong) . but the coil overs are dgr and besides over tightening the upper rear shock mounts( completely my fault) I'm extremely happy with them.

#6 ·
Prolly replaced parts. New, the 05 ST had regular sedan springs but SVT dampers. I just put in SVT springs and dampers and it definitely sits lower on the SVT springs. The SVT rear springs have one less winding than the regular spring but the wire diameter is a little smaller.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.