Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Adj.Dampers?

2K views 19 replies 5 participants last post by  mattmoz 
#1 ·
I was thinking about upgrading to some sportline springs. In doing so i want to ge adjustable dampers i was either thinking of koni yellows or the tokico d-spec dampers that cfm has what would be best for a sporty dd?

#3 ·
You really want a better spring.

Sportlines are way too soft for the amount of drop they give. They handle like garbage because by the time they compress enough to be firm, you're already on the bumpstops.

I had a set with Tokicos and the shocks helped a lot over the FRPP kit shocks (svt basically), but it still wasnt a great setup

Reactions: felixthecat
#6 ·
Koni yellows for a cost effective adjustable dampers

Are you going to adjust them or not?
Koni yellows are the best cost effective adjustable dampers. If Money no object= Penske.

#8 ·
whatever you get, make sure they are mono-tube design or you will be disappointed. I'd try to go with a bilstein product but that's just me.

#9 ·
If I installed a set of twin tube dampers & set of mono tubes back to back= You couldn't tell me which was which. A desent set of twin tubes trumps a cheap set of mono tubes any day. Same as coilovers. Just because you have coilover's doesn't mean they are better, then a fixed platform pkg. I'd go for a great set of struts/shocks over a cheap set of coilovers any day.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.