Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Front Suspension Noise - Sway bar bushings?

16K views 7 replies 4 participants last post by  emsvitil 
#1 ·
Hi,

I have noise coming from the front suspension. It usually happens when I go over small bumps or slight turns at low speeds. Lately it has been getting worse. I'm assuming it is the sway bar bushings that need to be replaced after some research.

So I looked under the car and took some photos. Can anyone tell me if this can be the source of the problem. Thank you in advance.

Sway bar bushings how-to in case someone needs it and finds my post:
http://www.focusfanatics.com/forum/showthread.php?t=27164

See less See more
#5 ·
A quick test for worn endlinks is to remove them and then drive on a straight road where you've heard the noise before. Of course, since that effectively deletes the swaybar too, it won't allow you to distinguish between the two components as your noise source, but if I had to choose between them, I would imagine that underbody corrosion on a 9-year old Focus would make endlinks easier to replace than swaybar bushings.

#6 ·
Sorry for the noob question, the pictures that I posted are of sway bar bushings? I'm not too familiar with the suspension. Are there pictures of the endlinks anywhere that you know of. Thanks again for your help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.