Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ford Racing Focus Handling Kit for 2012 Focus

4K views 16 replies 7 participants last post by  focusstu 
#1 ·
2012-2013 FOCUS HANDLING KIT -- M-FR3-FS

Anyone have this kit yet? impressions?

there isnt much information on that site, so does anyone have more info? specifically what size the sway bars are, the spring rates of the springs front and rear, and how much it lowers the car?

while we're at it, what are the stock spring rates for comparison?

#2 ·
I'm not to sure. never used the ford racing products but i have heard some bad stuff about other kits but i know this kit isn't everyone's cup of tea. I have DGR Coilovers and Steeda rear Sway bar with Eibach Camber Arms.

I like my set up but that is because i autocross my focus :]

#5 ·
mild drop and mild handling improvement are desired in this case. the gf said she doesnt want too much drop (and honestly this chassis doesnt need much drop anyway)

it's for the GFs car and the roads here are quite horrible (Arlington, VA), quality coilovers would be a bit unnecessary in this case. the gf probably wouldnt truely appreciate the increased handling and would likely complain about the stiffness.

but i do like this kit for being a nice all-in-one kit. just trying to find some more info on it

#11 ·
Per the Eibach website the Sport Plus kit doesn't come with struts/shocks:

Eibach said:
Step Up to the Performance of SPORT-PLUS and Save 10%
All Eibach Systems and Suspension Packages Include a 10% discount over buying individual kits.
SPORTLINE + ANTI-ROLL-KIT = SPORT-PLUS
Performance Springs and Sway Bars = Superior Handling for the Serious Enthusiast
Stop Quicker, Corner Faster and Better MPG!*
Simple Bolt-On, No Modifications: Install, Set the Alignment and Carve
Million-Mile Warranty
If you crave the corners - the Eibach SPORT-PLUS delivers. The Eibach SPORT-PLUS handling packages include our legendary Eibach SPORTLINE springs along with the matching ANTI-ROLL-KIT Sway Bars. The Eibach SPORTLINE spring kit lowers your car's center of gravity, reducing squat during acceleration, body roll in corners and excessive nose-dive under braking. Add the Eibach ANTI-ROLL-KIT Sway Bars - with increased design stiffness over stock Sway Bars - and you get pure, balanced-handling perfection.

With the Eibach SPORT-PLUS installed you will immediately experience precise turn-in response, improved handling and cornering grip - in any performance-driving situation. The Eibach SPORT-PLUS works well with both factory or aftermarket performance dampers and shock absorbers.

* Your results may vary. As we have learned from racing and independent testing has proved - lowering your car or truck's ride height also improves your aerodynamic efficiency by forcing more air over the car and less underneath (where most of the drag is found on any vehicle), resulting in higher top speeds on the track and better MPG on the highway.
And here's the member who called Eibach about how useless TireRack is.

I called eibach about this because its not on their website. They are not making dampers for the Focus. Tirerack was supposed to fix this 2 months ago when I saw this kit and tried to pre-order it.

Here is the actual kit on Eibachs website
SPORT-PLUS (SPORTLINE Springs & ANTI-ROLL-KIT Sway Bars

#12 ·
Cool cool. Thank you for posting the info on the kit. :] That will defiantly clear up all the confusion with the kit. even though that kit does not come with shocks and struts i would recommend it over the Ford racing. The ford racing kit only drops you a little under an inch if your not looking for low but from hearing from one of my friends ride quality is not so great. The eibach sportline kit will take away almost all of the wheel gap from what i have seen and have heard it is much better ride quality even though it doesn't come with shocks.

#15 ·
I also called Ford Racing and was given more details on the kit. He did state that some of the parts had Euro part numbers. The springs are the M-5300-S that are already available on the Ford Racing Parts website. The kit also comes with both front and back Shocks/Struts, and both front and back stability bars. The bushings and all of the misc hardware is also included so that every piece is replace during the installation.

I will be giving Steve a call at Tousley Ford tomorrow to order the kit. The new ETA is 12 October 2012. http://tousleyfordparts.com

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.