Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Any way to swap front breaks to the rear?

2K views 15 replies 6 participants last post by  felixthecat 
#1 ·
So....

I recently got the the SVT/FR break kit, and now I'm toying around with moving my stock front breaks to the rear.

Could I get/make break lines, hubs, ebreak cables and whatever else I need to do this?

Has anyone ever done this before?

#4 ·
^^ couldn't agree more. maybe even look for a model with disc rears in a junkyard.

as mentioned, no way to make a parking brake and just to get the hubs to fit you would have to do some fabrication.

and above all else... its just not necessary.

#9 ·
Checkout the wrecking yards for the '05-'07 st set up= 10'' disc's. You'd think FRPP's would come out w/ the 10'' kit, for the earlier cars.

#12 ·
Just keep an eye out in the for sale section for svt rear brakes for sale I've seen them for sale a lot, or look for a svt part out. I believe there are two part outs now. Don't forget your gonna need to update your wheels stock '15s won't fit over svt brakes. I think "16s is the smallest you can go.

#13 ·
I'm sittin on 17-inch FR Rally's w/ Eagle GT rubber already. TBH it was upgrading my front beaks, rims and tires that made me want to go the rears. I've got sexy slotted/drilled rotors with black powdered calipers in the front --and rusty ass drums that need replacing in the rear.

BTW would the Duratech FR kits be convertible to a Zetec with a touch of modding/extra parts? I'd LOVE to just get another FR kit brand new. I'd buy the Breambo if they weren't $1000-proud of their work.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.