Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Views on "Stancing"

67K views 282 replies 72 participants last post by  rambleon84 
#1 ·
The more I see "stanced" Foci, the more I kinda like it.
Whats everyone else think?

A couple of my faves:

My sedan would look pretty hott stanced...photoshop it for me?

See less See more
#72 ·
I like the looks of some of them. Too bad I work in construction so I'm afraid to lower even from stock. I've already dragged a few times.

#93 ·
i dont really have a good opinion on it being i am a racer first and foremost. if it can be done without sacrificing much performance then its ok with me. but some cars (like the z3 coupe posted earlier with the lip scraping the ground in a driveway) have taken it a bit overboard. it's not that it doesnt look nice. it does, but as stated i race my car every chance i get at the tracks around here. my front bumper is already damaged from bottoming it out repeatedly on a steep incline at one of the tracks. and that was on stock suspension. i'm currently building up some parts to go with my 1 year used dgr's so we'll see.

#94 ·
I really do appreciate everyones feedback. If the moderator has to lock it up, that's fine. I really do want to thank everyone who has expressed their view on this somewhat volatile subject.
I have recently been in contact with a local Ford dealer in hopes of ordering a 2013 ST. So, for the moment my "stanced sedan" is on hold.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

#99 ·
I was going to do this to my car with some retro styled wheels but do to the stupid bolt pattern not giving enough wheel options, I scrapped the idea.
I love the look of the 1st and 2nd gen VW Golfs and Jettas with this look.

#104 ·
The last two foci show the difference. One is low on relatively narrow wheel and fat tires. The red one is lower with wider wheels and narrow tires. There is more to it than that though, the wheels on the red focus normally wouldn't fit without careful calculations, specific tire sizes, and dialed in camber to match the width and offset.

What else would you like to know?

#108 ·
I'm being 100% serious and not a smartass at all... what constitutes stance? I still don't get what it is that is being done to the car that qualifies it as a "stanced" car. What's the difference between a slammed car and a stanced car? Is the urban dictionary description anywhere approaching accurate? Is there a quantifiable, specific goal? Wheel/tire surfaces as flush with the fenders as possible? Some of these new car trends (it's new HERE, even if it's not new globally) honestly just leave me puzzled. If I were to modify my car's suspension, ride height, wheels, etc. I'd just go for whatever I liked and what I thought looked good to me, not try to force it into the mold of whatever was cool at the moment.

#109 ·
No problem, you've got a good grasp on it.

It is beyond just simply being low, you can be low without having a stanced car but not the other way around.

It's also necessary to have some relatively wide wheels. For instance, it's generally hard to stance a focus on anything narrower than an 8" wheel. In many cases, an 8" wheel wouldn't fit a focus all that well. Some guys run 9" wheels and even 10" wheels on a focus.

What qualifies the car as stanced? Generally that's up to opinion really.

I think I speak for many when I say that "clean" is the goal, when you have a car that someone who isn't into stance tell you they like your car then you know you're doing it right.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.