Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Views on "Stancing"

67K views 282 replies 72 participants last post by  rambleon84 
#1 ·
The more I see "stanced" Foci, the more I kinda like it.
Whats everyone else think?

A couple of my faves:

My sedan would look pretty hott stanced...photoshop it for me?

See less See more
#37 ·
99% of the people that do this have no understanding the reason behind it.

It was a way to get around vehicle tire width laws in the EU. It has been around since the late 80's.

#40 ·
Also Most of you on here talking your shit can't afford anything over EAP's and a FRPP kit. So this topic is outside your realm.
Hey. We all know how you feel about it. You know how a lot here feel about it (not necessarily me.)

You come in here claiming to be better than those in this thread, condemning the way they express their opinions.

Yet now you stoop to this level and insult all of us?

It's a real shame. I thought it was possible to discuss this logically. It seems that neither party can behave like adults.

#41 ·
Man what the hell is going on here? :lol: this is some funny stuff. I think drifting is stupid but I don't bash on drifters. I just say it is not my thing and move on. So what if people can only afford less expensive wheels, everyone has to start somewhere and as a community you should be able to help each other out on deals.

#42 ·
I love how "Shitty roads" is an excuse everyone uses to not go lower than an FRPP kit. Everyone has shitty roads no matter where you live. Being low doesn't mean you're going to trash your car. It means you have to pay attention more, which in return makes you a better driver. Now as far as "stancing" I love it. I love the look of it, and you don't lose any handling capabilities at all...

Take my car for example. I don't consider it stanced, but it is slammed:

I have EXCELLENT handling capability, and I enjoy it. I'm dropped probably over 5 inches more than stock, and I can still drive perfectly fine. Sure I scrape here and there, and scratch every once in a while. So what? that's the price I'm willing to pay to lower my car this much to get it to what I want it to be at. If you don't like stancing, fine. Don't like it. But don't go hating on the folks that do because we're the ones that did it, and we love it.

#47 ·
Everyone has shitty roads no matter where you live. Being low doesn't mean you're going to trash your car. It means you have to pay attention more, which in return makes you a better driver. Now as far as "stancing" I love it. I love the look of it, and you don't lose any handling capabilities at all...

...and I can still drive perfectly fine. Sure I scrape here and there, and scratch every once in a while.
Speaking for myself, that would be the main reason why I wouldn't want a car lowered that drastically. Even with the FRPP kit, hell even stock it's possible to scrape your car - steep driveways, etc. I wouldn't want to sacrifice that much driveability. My 03' Mustang GT was lowered about 2" F/R and had to be mindfull of steep parking lot entrances, banked railroad tracks etc. When your mufflers bang on concrete it's not a warm and fuzzy feeling

#44 ·
Been daily driving for years slammed and love it. Definitely a different world that isn't meant for everyone. Some ppl let other influence there judgement while others just do it. Different strokes for different folks lol. On focus it only looks good if dome right. Takes time, effort, patience, experimenting,money, math, etc.....
few my setups I do agree in shitty roads exist everywhere no matter where you live. Just be aware of the roads and don't drive like an ass. Don't see Ferraris going over pot holes or go fast in shitty roads same as us slammed/lowered ppl do too. I admit I have taken out some uneven roads and made sparks shoot out but that's the best part :D story of my life. Lowest focus in south Texas no bags all day everyday you heard

My hella flush sticker "hellaflush its ok if you don't get it"

or my plate frame that says " I <3 hella flush haters gonna hate" :)

#45 ·
Didn't mean for people to get so upset over this topic.

Wobb, we talked at SIF and I love the way your coupe sits. Your car is mostly the reason I want this done.

I understand "to each their own" and that "stretch and poke" is not for everyone.

I want to thank everyone for their input and pictures. This has helped me very much in my decision. It looks like money will be saved and the stanced sedan project will begin this winter/spring!! :D

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

#46 ·
X2 on this! Matt Cydylo, Brinton Evans, and myself run kenslist on Facebook, it's all about sharing the 4x108 Wheel Deals and other deals found around the web. We've helped many folks acquire lows, wheels, and hard to find parts on the cheap. Heck we've shared some Recaros for $75, RS Wheels for sale, some team dynamics for $250, and many other deals over the past few months. We are all about sharing the love we all have for a properly stanced OEM+ focus.
How can I get in on these deals?!? :confused:

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

#48 ·
Also Most of you on here talking your shit can't afford anything over EAP's and a FRPP kit. So this topic is outside your realm.
Ive noticed that everyone talking crap are mostly stock too, on stockies to be correct. What people are saying is because they cant lower there cars cause they have bad roads, steep driveways,live on a dirt road they say to the people that are low it dosent look good? This thread should be closed before someone gets over the top for bull crap who cares.

#62 ·
konig traffik's. i've been looking for them but i don't believe they make them in black anymore.

#55 ·
These is something to be said about "stancing" a car.. if you take the time and do it right it looks amazing... i remember zinger posting how many fenders he has ruined... it is a way of life... not the biggest fan of stretch and pole and massive negative camber but a slammed focus looks great

#129 ·
5.20's on 8's wow a blast from the past. I installed a lots & lots of thou's in the '70's. Really really a hassel inflating thou's tires & there was no cheata's back then either.

#57 ·
Wobbs car looks good. Zingers car looks good. Srgt smasher is lost in lala land. If you do something like wobs car it will look good. I don't mind stretch and poke but there is an amount that just looks silly. Even when the tires are tucked and the camber is set. I like seeing a low car with minimal camber and stretch.

#58 ·
This is the ONLY car in the past two picture posts that can even be considered stanced.

Most of the rest are just low, the celica is atrocious and is no closer to stanced than a focus at stock ride height.

#61 ·
that celica makes me want to throw up. the two sti's look cool though. so does the z

#66 ·
I have to use a jack to lift my car to get my tires out of my wheel wells to put tire shine on my tires. Does that make me a bad person?

I've got 205/40 tires on an 8" wheel. I guess my SVT Focus is "ruined"

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.