Eibach Sportlines - Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum
Ford Focus Forum
HomeContact UsAbout UsGalleryDiscussion ForumsMarketplace

Go Back   Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum > Ford Focus Tech Discussions > Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis

Brakes, Suspension & Body Chassis The place to go for answers on brakes, suspension, camber, alignment and more.

Search This Forum | Image Search | Advanced Search    
FocusFest FocusFanatics Merchandise

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-08-2009, 12:24 PM   #1
Focus Rookie

Fan#: 60904
What I Drive: 2007 Red Ford Focus ZX4 SES

FF Reputation: 1 Mattlovescars22 Good Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (0)
Eibach Sportlines

Alright so I drive an 07 Zx4 Focus and I want to drop my car. I'm primarily looking at the eibach sportline springs, but there is a good amount of terrible reviews for them. Some say their bouncy along with being extremely stiff. What's your opinion. Plus I thinking about just getting the springs, is that a mistake? Should I get struts or shocks are does it really not matter. Please help me.

Thanks Matt

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-08-2009, 12:47 PM   #2
70 100 70 70 : (

Fan#: 50439
What I Drive: 2003 Sonic Blue SVT Focus

Points 8,852, Level 63
Points: 8,852, Level: 63 Points: 8,852, Level: 63 Points: 8,852, Level: 63
Level Up 34% Completed
Level up: 34% Level up: 34% Level up: 34%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 16 SVTRSST Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (10)
your shocks are going to die someday after you install the springs, so yeah you will need the shocks,

i have heard the ride is pretty cool with them? i have heard that the bouncy and stiffy springs are the h&r race not sportlines
Old 03-08-2009, 04:05 PM   #3
Powering America

Fan#: 3336
What I Drive: '14 Focus ST3, '14 Explorer XLT 4WD

Points 9,922, Level 66
Points: 9,922, Level: 66 Points: 9,922, Level: 66 Points: 9,922, Level: 66
Level Up 68% Completed
Level up: 68% Level up: 68% Level up: 68%
Forum Activity 1%
Activity: 1% Activity: 1% Activity: 1%
FF Reputation: 10 focus_guy_03 Great Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (9)
I have the Sportlines, along with the Eibach Pro-Dampers on my car, and I don't have any complaints with the ride quality...to me, it's no worse than the car was on the brand new factory suspension...just a little stiffer over sizable bumps.

I would definitely suggest changing out the shocks/struts at the same time as the springs, since it will save you time (and money, if you're not doing the install yourself). You can find the Sportline Pro-System for around $500, plus, since you have an '07, you will need Massive Speed System's Omni-Kit, which adapts '00-'05 dampers to work on the '06+ Foci.

Regardless of which suspension you decide to go with, make sure you get an alignment after it is all installed, and have it done at a shop that will do it to the specs you want...as far as alignment specs are concerned, make sure you have them set the front toe at 0 and the rear toe at the factory minimum, which is -0.15 degrees (which is slightly toe-in).

Mike

XboxLive GamerTag - focusguyzx5
Old 03-10-2009, 04:36 PM   #4
Focus Rookie

Alright well thanks for the help, but I've decided to just go with the eibach sportlines and no new struts/shocks. How much of a problem will this be?
Old 03-10-2009, 04:50 PM   #5
Banned

Fan#: 26570
What I Drive: February 2010 ROTM

FF Reputation: 172 scrammer Excellent Standing Member scrammer Excellent Standing Member
Buy-Sell-Trade Rating: (29)
in less than 15k miles you will notice noises and more notible spring oscillations. this will result in poor handling.

its best to do shocks/springs at the same time, or at least within close time from one another.
Old 03-10-2009, 06:33 PM   #6
Focus Rookie

Ok what about getting an alignment after the lowering is it necessary. Also because I'm lowering it only about 2.2 inches, do I still really need the struts/shocks. I'm looking for quality of course, yet I dont want to spend a great deal of money. Any suggestions??
Old 03-16-2009, 04:09 PM   #7
Focus Jr. Enthusiast

Fan#: 47461
What I Drive: 2007 Pitch Black ZX4

FF Reputation: 1 jaxxraisin1 Good Standing Member
I've read several diff opinions on this debate about needing new shocks/struts when you install the pro-kit.If your ok with replacing the shocks/struts within a yr or two just wait.Thats what I'm doing Im installing my pro-kit Fri.As for the alignment it is a must.you will trash your tires in no time if you dont fork the $60-$100 bucks to get the alignment.
Old 03-16-2009, 04:23 PM   #8
Focus Fanatic

Fan#: 1427
What I Drive: 99 miata, 05Mazda6, 09GTI, 12Imprez

FF Reputation: 141 Geezer Excellent Standing Member Geezer Excellent Standing Member
Its foolish at best and possibly dangerous at worst to not replace your shocks and struts when you install new springs. Your stock shocks/struts are way too long to dampen the new much shorter springs. You are shortening the shock travel with the shorter springs this will cause the shocks /struts to bottom out and eventually destroy themselves. The bump stops can only afford so much protection. Your stock shocks are also designed to dampen a significantly lower (softer), spring rate not a higher one. Even if they do last a little while,you WILL NOT have any of the performance gains the new springs should be affording. They will be worse from the simple fact that the new springs and stock shocks will not work together in any reasonable fashion. It's simply a bad decision.

Bookmarks & Social Networks

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Ford Focus Forum, Ford Focus ST Forum, Ford Focus RS Forum forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:
What I Drive
Year, color, and model of your car. Example: 2003 Pitch Black ZX3
Name
Your real name.
City
State
Country
Insurance
Please select your insurance company (Optional)

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.