Focus Fanatics Forum banner

The Cones Are Coming!

4K views 32 replies 13 participants last post by  thefrush 
#1 ·
The Cones Are Coming!

The off-season is almost over (or the season may have already started for some). What's everyone's plan on this coming year for their autocross season? Anybody upgrade some parts on the car to improve your car's performance for autocross, and how many of you made class jumps with your new modifications?

I don't know if any of you SVT guys know this, but it looks as though the Falken Azenis 615 will be released in the 215/45/17 some time after the end of the first quarter of this year. Anyone have any local competition they're looking to beat this year?

Now it's your turn to retaliate!

See less See more
#2 ·
I'll start by saying, I've been looking forward to this season since November. I sit in class talking about project deadlines coming in March, and all I can think about is being out on the course again on those weekends when I should be doing homework.

I'm about to get some OZ Superleggeras and eventually pick up the Azenis (sorry, thefrush, would go with MX's but the Falkens are a less expensive). That's going to strip me of money for anything else most likely for the rest of the year, but it's the biggest improvement next to driver improvement I can make.

My competition is a ACR Neon (older model, not SRT-4) running in STS. I have no intentions of catching him, and in all honestly, I hope to be able to drive on par with Ataru (who is also in STS but in the adjacent region) and have some good Focus battles on the course this year. Also, I'm hoping to suck some fellow "car enthusiasts" into the sport this year. This motorsport is too much fun...

#3 ·
I want to play... [:(] Maybe after the wedding, buying the house, and the honeymoon, I can start thinking about other stuff... oh, and if I can get out of the bedroom for a couple hours at a time. [:D]

#8 · (Edited)
I can't wait. April is the start for our season here. I have a second set of tires, but not the ones I want. I may have to wait another season to get the Hankooks I want. I'm still going to run in the novice class due to I only ran 4 events total last year. I has a 2nd and 3rd place finish last season, so I would really like to get a 1st place for the novice class at some point.

#9 ·
No mods really planned as of yet outside of tires, but now that I got great news on the tax return and can do some business, that could change.

The first and most likely mod is me making a move to R-Comps to put some real competition on that pesky blue Cooper S... After that I'll probably get a Chase Cam.

The real big change I am making this year is going all out with the Test 'N Tunes for the first 4 events (inside and outside video, bringing laptop to instantly see how I am doing). I want to be faster by event 3 than I was after a full season last year.

#10 ·
What off season? I just autocrossed last Sunday, and they've been going all winter. In fact, at the Sunday autocross, it was about 75 degrees and I got sunburned. [8D]

#12 · (Edited)
As you can see, the weather was terrible and none of the nice cars came out:

C6 Z06:

2005 DP Miata:

06 STi:

The wax job on this Elise was FLAWLESS. The paint literally jumped at you:

Whipple-charged Miata. Sounded meeeaaaan, hopefully what mine's going to scream like when I get it back out there:

My whip for the day, my friend's EP SVTF [rofl] (If you fail to see the humor, look up the rules for E Prepared, and you'll wonder what a Focus had to do to deserve running in it):

#13 ·
b16sir1991 said:
Where did you find that animated cone pic anyway? I love that.
My friend came across it, and he posted it on my space. Here's the website.
http://www.boring3d.com

I really just wanted to put up that picture. Man, those are some pretty cool cars there, Alex. Hey JM, is your fiancee into cars as well, or does she just bear it and tolerate it - kind of like mine does? She digs riding along at the events, but she doesn't like hanging around all day for them. I can't wait to practice with her camera out at th events, though. It should be fun.

#14 ·
Thats an awsome pic of Bryan getting ready to eat up a cone! I ate 22 after getting my Nitto NeoGens and couldn't eat for a week[ohcrap]

#19 ·
Ataru said:
Let me guess. CF hood put him in EP, right?
Not quite... [rofl]

#22 ·
The sunroof is coming out soon, once he has time to fab some sheet metal in its place. The head unit and two rear speakers are still in because...

it's a daily driver. [rofl]

#25 ·
It's pretty damn loud inside, you'd be surprised how much carpet works as a soud deadener. Riding in it to Nationals last year when it still had front carpet and door panels, was not comfortable, at all.

As for weight, it was 2720 when it still had carpeting, headliner, door panels, etc... I'd say he's in the high 2500's now.

SVT's are piiiiiiigs.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.