Focus Fanatics Forum banner

MT fOCUS SCCA AutoCrossers - Season Points Are In

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  SteelRain 
#1 ·
We didn't do too bad!

Well, the results from Montana Region 105 are finally in.
I ended up 1st in Class (don't ask...they're not standard classes) and 4th overall out of 169 contestants.
Dang it was close. Only one point separated each position from 2nd thru 4th.
Mainly, I didn't run in as large a class, and as such, ended up with less points for each finishing position.

Another FF member focusedaddiction ended up 2nd in Class and 16th overall.
^^^ Steve, ya missed the money by one position. [:(] ^^^
Regardless, nice job for your 1st year on the track! [thumb]

I'll post up a link as soon as the results are on the website.

Oh,
1st - CRX 124pts (SCCA = SM-2)
2nd - STI 116pts (SCCA = ESP)
3rd - CRX 115pts (SCCA = EP)
4th - Rock the SVTF. [:D] 114pts (SCCA = STS)

See less See more
#2 ·
Congrats man! It's great to see another Focus out there really doing well. Maybe we'll meet up at a Regional or the Nationals some time...

Clearly you're dedicated to your racing, so I'm sure you're having just as hard a time as I am dealing with the off season...

#3 ·
Thanks Aaron!

Yeah, the offseason "duldrums" have really set in. [:(]
But....there's all this snow/ice to drive in for the next 5 months. [:D]
But....there's also other cars on the road to contend with. [:(]

#4 ·
Man, thats great to hear. Good job with the cones, let em know whos boss, and way to rep the foci community!

#8 ·
^^^ Um....do I really have to say? ^^^
OK...
A couple of nicely set up Neon ACRs with really good drivers. ^^^
All of us went back and forth all year as to who finished 1st.
But, neither Neon driver hit all the events so they didn't get nearly as many points.

There was also an occasional jaunt with a 99 Prelude SH.
Though, he got bumped to another class once all his mods were found out.
In SCCA, he would be running DSP.

#9 ·
^^I got spanked by a ratty old ACR at one event. I didn't feel to bad, though, because it was one of a bunch of people heading down to Nationals the next weekend and used our event as practice/setup.

One of the people actually went one to win one of the mod classes at Nationals in her supercharged Scirocco...

#10 ·
the next 3 months are torture, I'm ready to go racing again.congrats on the high finish Doug, right behind an sti, & two very fast ass crx's.wow![pray] way to go man!![thumb]
i was very suprised to find out how high I placed my first time out . It was so much fun it's unreal! too bad i missed the first race in april, that would have helped. This spring I'm going loaded -with cams, dyno tune & azenis 615's & some more practice on the suspension...wooohoooo[driving]

#12 ·
YEAH!!!! Way to go Doug!!!! [thumb]
Thanks for all the help and advice this year, for me and all the other new autocross adicts. [driving]

Best way to beat the duldrums is GT4 on a plasma screen =)
or you can try this: www.force-dynamics.com/video.html

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.