Focus Fanatics Forum banner

Ladies class-

3K views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  Techpriest 
#1 ·
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if your regions have a ladies only class? if so, how is it run?
is there one PAX for all lady drivers regardless of class of the car?
how many lady drivers are required?

thanks!
GLU

#2 ·
We use to have a Ladies Class.

And yes it was ran by PAX, because not enough ladies in one class and too many different cars.

When we had it, we had 4 ladies running in there.

If memory serves me right, we have a total of 8 total ladies that run consistently in our regional.

-Ray-

#3 ·
Chicago Region has an indexed Ladies class for street tire shod vehicles as well as a Ladies Combined class for single entrant Ladies class drivers which is indexed as well.

#5 ·
The Salina, KS region runs a Ladies version of all the normal classes. I (male) ran STF and a friend (female) borrowed my car and ran STFL.

For PAX we treat them the same as the non-L classes. To do anything else would be saying that they are at a natural disadvantage, which is not the case. Many women drive in the standard classes and do very well. Some of the women only run in the L class so they don't take the points away from their husbands when they beat them in the same car.

Wish I could get my girlfriend to autocross with me, but she freaks out driving through construction sites. Cones scare her for some reason.

#6 ·
my lady has autocrossed with me for two seasons and she has yet to beat me! I tell her at the beginning of every event if she beats me i will buy her a pair of shoes, this keeps her focused LOL.
she usually whoops the other ladies in our region, and finishes around 20th overall. so i know ladies are not at a natural disadvantage, just asking the question to think of ways to get more ladies to participate in our region.

#7 ·
One thing our region has done, with mixed results, has been to run a Ladies School. Several of the more experienced female drivers act as instructors. Unless a male is needed to run the course they are banished from the site. We have tried to keep charges to about the same as our regular event. We typically do it on a Saturday that has a regular event on that Sunday.

The classes last the better part of the day and involve a course walk, a ride with an instructor, then numerous student runs.

I said we have had mixes success because we have had as many as a dozen students, and as few as two. Our region normally has 2-3 ladies in an event, if your region is bigger you might have a more consistent turn out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.