Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2012 Auto-x video and picture thread

46K views 161 replies 38 participants last post by  papaacer 
#1 ·
2012 events have started, and so have the videos.

My area runs a slush series all winter long, and the last one a week ago actually was pretty miserable. We had a bunch of snow that started to melt, but then it all froze up the night before the event so badly that it was hard to walk without slipping and falling. We couldnt have workers on course, so we ran exhibition runs for the morning with no time and no one to chase cones. By lunch, the driving line was mostly thawed. After 1 hour of lunchtime shoveling by 10 volunteers, we had a wide driving line and could continue with the timed event.

Anyways, thats the long intro into my video.

See less See more
1 2
#2 ·
Looks and sounds like fun! A great way to stay sharp in the off season.

If you can be fast in the wet/snow/ice/cold you can be really fast in the dry and warm.

#5 ·
Here are some photos of our runs today (Feb 05 2012) in Houston, TX.

I didn't get a chance to really take photos ... hard when it's super cold and running between heats and runs.

Well, here are the few I shot off:
My SVTF and FF Member Ausv7 (Austin)'s 2012 Focus.

Yes, I got bored and Plasti-Dipped my race wheels ... kinda like them like that.

Few car action shots:

I have begun to stack my lonely wins under the trunk. But when Spring hits, I will have some competition. Which in TX is in a month.

Member Ausv7 - Austin ... first time running. And in the new 2012 Focus. 1ST PLACE ROOKIE!!! Nice job man.

#7 ·
had a dry day, but cool.
i was 2 seconds back from FTD.

#9 ·
Awesome pics Ray, congrats to the both of you

#10 ·
Now Austin just needs to run Rookie for like 3 more events, then he will be playing with me ... [:)]

And then it's on.

-Ray-

#12 ·
I do believe that Travis said, "Challenge accepted!"

#14 ·

Here's me at event last year. Bone stock except for wheels to race on. Had to race Novice class last year which was annoying. Many cars in that class which FAR exceeded my little focus. Built Evo's and WRX's tended to trounce my little ride. Still fun and this year I'll be in H-Stock so it'll be more competitive.

#17 ·
^^ Yay! ^^

Enjoy using the Miata ... what class will you be running in? Is your Miata prepared, or are you running stock?

-Ray-

#24 ·
we had our Slush Series Finale this past weekend, although, it was sunny and warm.
I took 3rd in open PAX, although If I could clean up my last run, it would have won it.

my co-driver

my other co-drivers

my dented door, and wheel lift

#25 ·
we had our first event over the weekend here in the nebraska region, im still waiting on my coilovers and my new wheels to show up but here is one of my runs from the day.

#26 ·
nice Vids.

And nice reaction on that last turn in this last video.

Car turns real nicely from the videos.

I really need to get myself a GoPro ... haven't recorded my runs in a while.

-Ray-

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.