Focus Fanatics Forum banner

2011 Autox Video Thread

28K views 136 replies 19 participants last post by  evanmdzx3 
#1 ·
#8 ·
#10 · (Edited)
This is what too much steering angle looks like... maybe that was just a goof-up, but if you do that on every corner, you are losing a lot of time to it.

Try to pay attention to how the car is responding to steering inputs. If you are getting diminishing returns from additional steering angle, then you are using too much. Your car will rotate more quickly if you smoothly use "just enough" steering angle.

[thumb]

Photo animation of my little brother, doing it closer to "right", although he could have been a few feet closer to the inside cone:

#9 ·
Not a bad idea ... this will keep all of the videos in one thread for AutoX ...

My most recent one ... felt like I did good ... but with cones

Fastest: 76.06 for me
Class: ST
Placed: 5/6

Video Click - > HERE

#11 ·
agree I went to close to the inside and that is a result of it. Look cool dough lol

Also need better tires cant carry enough speed throe corner on my falcens

#16 ·
"2011 Autox Video, Pix and Results" sounds good to me. Just keep the criticism constructive and succinct.

#17 ·
yes Mike, the stupid suction cup failed and when i pulled out of grid, CRUNCH it was toast. the guys at gopro are awesome, they replaced every piece.

spinning out looks cool, but also gets you last place :)
those are awesome animation thingys!!

i forgot to put up my results..
day one 15/74 drivers. 1st in HS.
day two 16/43 drivers. 2nd in HS.

#18 ·
good job Mark, you're doing well. And I thought those cups were supposed to withstand 200mph on an airplane.

edit: btw, eliaslincoln..... Pendulum FTW :)

hopefully I'll get to an event this summer

#20 · (Edited)
yep, and where i had it was as flat as can be and got a wash the night before.
i don't expect every unit to work. unfortunately it was mine that didn't!

i WISH that was raw, that was the juicy pax!
but i'm dreaming with the kind of cars and drivers that roll in our region. i will be towards the top when become more experienced. at least that is my goal. sophomore season so hopefully i improve. my goal is to finish in the top 15 in points overall. last year i was just outside of 20th.

raw was 33rd day one
29th day two

#29 ·
That was a quick course. Almost straight most of the way.

Nice.

I agree about the videos helping with seeing where you can improve. I wish I had a way to see the video right after the run and get better while still running.

-Ray-

#24 ·

Well this is my best run(at least the one that actually didn't get corrupted...)
I have lots to learn and I'm hoping to get a lot of experience this season! Let me know what you think.

#25 ·
it's tough to hear the motor, but it seems to me you are coasting a lil too much. imo, it's either brake or gas. but that's something that goes hand in hand with driving the correct line. if you brake enough and are on the right line, you can give it some throttle all the way around the "sweepers" not bad though. keep it up!

#26 ·
Thanks for the tip. I'll make sure that I work on that. The camera I have doesn't really pick up the engine noise. I should post up one of my botched runs where I found my limit and demolished it bc I pushed waay too hard!

#27 ·
anytime. it's what i love most about the autocross world, everyone is willing to give a tip. until nationals!

again, my pointers are from my point of view, and it's made me better. it may not be the
"correct" advice, but you go faster!
also, if you aren't spinning or hitting cones, you aren't trying!

#30 ·
Way to push it. Gotta do it at least once where you see where the car can go.

The run looked good. Nice save. Try to break a little early before a turn then hit the gas to come out of it a tad quicker.

Alot of scrubbing ... what tires are you using?

-Ray-

#33 ·
yeah, it doesn't have to be SCCA, i know there are others out there.

amen to pushing the car on one of your runs, one thing i learned last year (rookie season) is to push it on your FIRST run, as much as you want the first run to be your "feeler" run, IMO that's a wasted run. go all out your first run and see what happens, make adjustments from there.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.