Focus Fanatics Forum banner

st class mods

4K views 14 replies 8 participants last post by  Auto-X-ZTS 
#1 ·
Wondering what else I can do I have a catback and fswerks coolflo I have alot of suspension just wanting to know about power
Posted via FF Mobile

#2 · (Edited)
Well, that is about it, the cat rules for ST eliminate being able to add any of the off the shelf headers headers for a duratec. Spend your dollars on wheels and tires if you want to go faster. If you really want a bit more power you could add a dyno tune.

#5 ·
Edited my post to correct my statement, I don't think there's an off the shelf mani that will fit the rules for ST. Looks like your only other options are a grounding kit, running some copper spark plugs, and swapping out pulleys for some underdrive ones. It is debateable if any of these will give you any real power though.

#6 ·
Yeah, none of the Manifold upgrades will let you stay in ST Class.

I like to add a good suspension set as well. Stiffer suspension or something adjustable.
I am currently looking for better suspension.

As for tires, make sure you are ready to REALLY test them. I thought my Yokohoma S.Drives were great and grippy ... but once you put it to the AutoX test ... they didn't do as well.

Will this be the first time AutoX-ing?

-Ray-

#8 ·
I have learned it's not all about power as oppose to how well can you put down the power you have to the wheels and through the turns.

My SVTF has more power than some of the guys in my class here in houston and they are kicking my butt because of the suspension and tire combo they have. BUT I am getting closer to them. hehehe

-Ray-

#10 ·
My SVTF has more power than some of the guys in my class here in houston and they are kicking my butt because of the suspension and tire combo they have. BUT I am getting closer to them. hehehe

-Ray-
not only do they have their cars fine tuned, but those SIs weigh so little. they can carry so much more speed in and out of corners and other obstacles.

#9 ·
focusZX505, hopefully you can make it to some Chicago Region SCCA events this year. We have a pretty regular group of ST guys, about 3 or 4 (no Spec Civics, but a 2.5 RS).

#14 ·
^^ I know it can ... just need to drive faster ... lol. And I am still getting used to my tires, but I believe I just about got the hang of it.

Another 1 or 2 events with them and I will have em. Plus, still need my shocks.

Nice times against that Civic, btw.

And what do you mean by the car is easy to find it's limits? I figure you can keep pushing the limits if you do it right.

Plus regardless, if you find that limit for you, it's still fun to have people trying to catch up to a focus.

-Ray-

#15 ·
Some cars are easier to drive than others; the Focus is one of those. It is a communicative chassis and can be 'tossed and caught'. My ZX2 on the other hand, requires much more finesse--a wrong turn (input) can be very upsetting...its more high-strung than the Focus was...but its also faster. I have run inside of 2 seconds on a 60 sec course of top-5 National cars (I compete locally with J. Frank and P. Washburn). The Focus hardly got within 3-3.5 of the best Civics.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.