Focus Fanatics Forum banner

svt focus.... New pads And maybe discs

3K views 15 replies 8 participants last post by  1bille1 
#1 ·
Hey I was looking at Roush for new pads, cuz my rear brakes are going bad. They got em on overstock for 20. yay or nay? Also I wanted to look into better discs but ST says must be the same size or I am getting booted to STX. Would the Roush ones be good?

#2 ·
there are a lot of choices for good brakes out there, im my opinion as long as you have some kind of hawks such as the HP PLUS or the HPS pads your brakes will be good.

as for discs i don't know much about the roush stuff. i would guess there good. but there are other good ones out there too.

#15 ·
yes but if u have an svt the roush ones will not work with your car as to were the other ones will. witch would mean the roush ones would cost you more after u buy them go to install them realize they dont fit cause there to small, then have to order the right ones. just thought i would give ya a heads up man.

#16 ·
Why not just go with the cheapest "lifetime" guaranteed pads from O'Reilly? Again, back brakes do little of the work , compared to the front, and to spend time and money to resurface the rotors for some cheapy pads will be a waste .

When that set of new pads bites it, and if the discs are really dished, then just buy some new rotors from ROCK, and swap them out when adding new pads.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.