Focus Fanatics Forum banner

New SJ auto X member

2K views 9 replies 7 participants last post by  ronnycage 
#1 ·
hey whats going on, my name is Ron im joining for info in auto X and handling as im running the girlfriends focus this upcoming season for auto X. maybe a good deal on oem 16" wheels!

not sure what kind of scene you guys have on here, I am a hardcore honda head with a fully loaded s2000 that is quite dangerous but Im not here because of the Honda im here because I need help with my H stock killing auto X monster the gfs 2007 focus hatchback lol.

we are looking to run some R compound hooiser a6s and looking maybe to get some minor info on what other mods have been helpful with other h stock members.

here is the s2000. im not sure if I have a pic of the focus or not... il post one shortly. its stock so probably no point (again were running H STOCK CLASS)

See less See more
#2 ·
Welcome to FF, we don't discriminate against anone for owning a honda...well maybe a little....jk
I'm going to move your post to the auto-X specific area for you, as that seams to be your main concern.
But, take a look around the forum:
Auto cross area is here
you can find answers to technical problems in the tech area here
discussions about wheels tires, brakes and suspension are here
Show off your rides here in the showroom
and I'm not sure about your location, I'm guessing California or Florida maybe?
those specific regions talk about local issues and happenings here (florida) and here (southern california)

#3 ·
Welcome to FF as Dean said.

I'm guessing SJ stands for South Jersey? If so there are a few that do Auto-X in that area on here, mostly at Boeing or Citizens Bank Park. Also I think I've seen your car before on TriStateTuners, kinda the reason I came to the conclusion your probably from South Jerz.

If indeed you r from NJ, check out the Mid-Atlantic Forum, we have a few Honda owner in there, and we don't discriminate much, just a few VTAK jokes here and there [hihi]

#4 ·
Welcome!!

It will be an interesting year for AX in the HS Class.

The SCCA just announced that the SVT focus will also run in HS. That's good and bad.

Good in the sense that the SVT is no longer "outclassed" by the Mini Cooper S and bad in the sense that the SVT might...MIGHT be too much for HS.

You are not piloting an SVT. However, depending on the option packages your GF got from the factory, it might work to your advantage.

If the wheel package is a 17 inch rim, then your choice for Hoosiers is a good one.

I run 225/40R17. That is the largest tire you can run under the stock rule set.

They work VERY well on the focus platform.

As you are aware, the rule set is pretty strict for the stock classes. So, I would poke around the forum for opinions on exhaust and the like. I personally run the stock exhaust system and find that there is very little to be gained by going aftermarket. That's just my experience.

Brakes are another story.

Consensus on this site is that the best set up for AX is:

Centric BLANK rotors
Hawk HP+ pads
Race Blue Fluid (DOT 4 non-silicone based)

The Hoosiers combined with the brake set up above and you should be competitive in GS. You should be REALLY competitive in HS.

Indexed, you might actually beat your S2000. [race]

Good luck and stay active on the forum. It is a great online community. [woot]

#7 ·
hey thanks for being positive. not sure if im gonna beat the s2000... got first in street modified last year!

anyways not sure if were gonna go with hooisers or just a basic set of yokohama parada spec 2's to get the season started. we shall see. im know hooisers will be better but i need a second set of stock wheels to pull them off... in the search now! 205 45 16 it is.

#10 ·
id rather run my s2000 with expensive tires. I run a tire shop and can get the paradas for about 297 after tax soo its not to bad for me to settle on those. especially since Id rather run the s2000 with some really good tires. I just need to drive a slower car fast then a fast car slow if you know what I mean. got to start establishing some roots. and since im co driving itl lead to some serious in car competition and a good time. jan 18th winter series begins... plus r-compounds dont handle well in cold weather!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.